Injection Pump Nut Wrench

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's for the three nuts on the back of the housing, not for the bolts inside the housing. Those are 12-point 5/16, not 9/16. You really only need it for the passenger side in my experience. Look at how icanfixall ground it. You need to take quite a bit off of it. I think a little more bend on the box side of a combo wrench would help too.

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a super cheapo set of SAE wrenches that weren't good for a whole lot, basically picked them up as emergency wrenches at best....But, I ended up taking the 9/16" wrench, cutting the open end off and welding it back on at about a 45 degree angle. It was already pretty thin so if I recall I didn't have to really grind it down, though I think I did grind down the box end. I still have that wrench kicking around somewhere in my toolbox.

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
I think we need a thread for pictures of our wrenches. I would bet they are all very similar--having not seen others' wrenches, but knowing what they need to fit, I bet they are quite similar.

They also work well for that pesky upper left bolt on the power brake booster on an '86 Mustang GT.

ksingltn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just looking around since I have access to a meter and want to check my timing

This is the John Deere wrench, finding price references everywhere from $17-$30. Part number is JDE-80
You must be registered for see images attach

(Not mine, got it from here http://www.yesterdaystractors.com/cgi-bin/viewit.cgi?bd=ttalk&th=1281395)

Snap-On makes one everyone says is better, and it runs between $60-$100. Seems like most Snap-On stuff, very expensive. Part number is B4400
You must be registered for see images attach

(again, not my image, got it here http://www.yesterdaystractors.com/cgi-bin/viewit.cgi?bd=oliver&th=137767)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bossviking

Members online