Injection pump help

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
You might check and see if Uhaultruckparts.com has any IP's left in stock...good prices and good quality from what I've read here.

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe one of the other guys can give this a thumbs up or down, but were the injectors you installed intended for a factory turbo app, or N/A? I think the factory turbo pop setting was higher wasn't it? If you have N/A injectors popping lower than the old ones, your timing will be WAY advanced from where it was.
Travis..

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
G codes. :puke:

Double B's are correct for everything.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The G codes were developed for emmissions standards and not fuel or economy. The BB codes will give your engine much better economy and performance. I ran nothing but new G codes till I tried a set of Bb codes.... What a wonderful differance.... I'll never run the "turbo G codes" again...:sly

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't I read that the pop was different between injectors for a turbo pump vs N/A? Thought the turbo spec stuff was higher? Is this right? Just trying to make sure I'm on the right page here.
Travis..

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes Oldbull8, my engine ran fine before i replaced injectors.
I replaced all 8. Don't know if i mentioned that before.

No mention of that before. Even tho your pump is leaking, I would suspect that the injectors you put in are questionable if they were not new, rebuilt injectors from any one should be pop tested before install unless they definately are reliable in saying they were. I got a set of G codes from Pensacola Diesel that were crap, full of rust and just squirted fuel. Cost to return for credit was $45.

Even tho it's an original pump, it should run quite well with your G code's maybe a little loss of power, or timing may be off, but that is noticable if you have white smoke meaning a retarded pump timing.

Last edited:

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Before i had my old injectors pop tested my truck ran fine. The pop test showed that i had 4 bad injectors. My MPG is far worse now than w/ 4 bad inj.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The G codes pop open at 2100 lbs. BB codes pop at 1850lbs. Big differance.... I would suggest returning the faulty G codes if you can and buy a set of NEW BB codes. Sorry you had to pay twice for injectors but thats the chance we take buying G codes and being rebuilt. Even a new set of BB injectors that are made in Mexico will have a bad one right out of the box. Tiss a sad thing too...:sly