I'm Pissed

sandrow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 94 turbo I just bought blew a tranny less than a week after buying it went boom sounded and felt like I ran over something and no more tranny. Help!!!! anyone know where I can get a used one in decent shape??

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Is your truck a 4x4? Maybe it was a transfer case. Possibly a rearend?

I am not doubting your mechanical abilities, but are you 100% sure it was the transmission?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"usually" if a E4DOA meets a violent demise, the case is broken and you're bleeding fluid everywhere. I had a driver admit he was "dropping the hammer" on a trans and even though the output shaft on the planetary drum snapped, there was no other violence associated other than a "pop" and he coasted to a stop.
look further just for ***** and giggles.

Attachments

• SL374743.JPG
    SL374743.JPG
    296.6 KB · Views: 21
  • SL374744.JPG
    SL374744.JPG
    288.7 KB · Views: 27

bghnkinf350

Reaction score
I agree with the above, have you checked the transfer case or rear axle. If I am not mistaken I thought you bought the truck from a dealer - might want to see what they will do for you.

Black dawg

Reaction score
My 94 turbo I just bought blew a tranny less than a week after buying it went boom sounded and felt like I ran over something and no more tranny. Help!!!! anyone know where I can get a used one in decent shape??

that sucks. let me know if I can help.

oldblue05

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Reaction score
checking to see if it was the axle is as easy as putting it in gear and looking under to see if the driveshaft is spinning

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
There are so many possibilities here but I've seem most of them with an E4OD, even one so bad the entire front of the tranny case had broken off and the rest of the tranny was flopping back and forth with a terrible sound. My dad broke a chain in a 1356 transfer case once and it sounded almost as you described.

sandrow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will keep you updated as the day goes on trying to get it to blackdawgs shop for diagnostics right now.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
"usually" if a E4DOA meets a violent demise, the case is broken and you're bleeding fluid everywhere. I had a driver admit he was "dropping the hammer" on a trans and even though the output shaft on the planetary drum snapped, there was no other violence associated other than a "pop" and he coasted to a stop.
look further just for ***** and giggles.

The driver drop the hammer real hard to snap the center shaft like that.:eek:LOL

That was a common problem with the old style center shaft. The new center shaft (photo) takes alot to pop them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online