I'll never let anyone drive my truck

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All my family can drive my truck. Other friend of mine can't follow the wait to start light no matter how hard he tries.cookoo Did it right in front of me after I told him how to do it in deep explanation for the tenth time. We talked a little more about something else we said goodbye and he just started cranking away. Thats ok bud, just don't use my truck anymore.;Really

wmoguy

Reaction score
LOL funny video. I have a comp ski boat, and I always get a kick when we do go to a public lake watching the morons on the ramp. Most guys are just like this one, backs his trailer so far in the water that his whole rig is floating away. On our Mastercraft, I only have to go in til the top of the rear wheel wells are level with water. On some ramps my rear pickup tires don't even get wet. I"ve seen plenty of jackwagons like this guy back up too far in their 2wd pickups (yes strangely enough people actually buy those in Colorado) only to get stuck or slide backwards if the ramp has some slime on it. Thus the reason we hang on our private lake, less jackwagons on the ramp or on the water (they don't drive a boat any better if they suck at backing it in the water) :dunno

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I nearly got creamed by some guy on the launch just yesterday. The launch is wide enough for several trailers to line up side by side but he's stomping on his brand new chevy 1500 and spitting gravel at the top, then coming down sideways and nearly jack knifes into me several times. I dump our boat in and high tail it out of there. He jack knifes the trailer in right over the spot where I was taking up two and a half spaces. Once he gets it into the water he jumps into the boat and starts reving the snot ouf of it and smashing it around on the bunk trailer to get it in on. Saw the hull knock against the fender a few times. Brand new truck, boat and trailer. Look up reckless in the dictionary and I swear his face will be there.....:***:

Another incident at the same launch with a not as reckless middle aged couple. The ramp is covered in rock wash at the bottom from not being well kept (salt water launch). She backs the 4x4 dakota down with all 4 wheels on the gravel. They get the boat on, and big surprise, all 4 wheels start digging in.

She's stomping on it, and slowly digging deeper and getting further into the water. Her husband(?) is trying to stuff peiced of driftwood under the tires to try and crawl out of the holes she's digging. She promptly spits them out, and sometimes not even waiting long enough for him to get out of the way. I know you guys have seen that look sometimes. He's terrified, but won't say a word;Really

We used my dad's truck that day since its 4wd and his front tires were still on the cement (longer truck, longer trailer) and had no problems - they could have probably pulled it off like with a little more attention paid, but since they dropped the boat off ealier that day without problems, they assumed it would be fine.

I'm dumbstruck watching this from the helm of the boat while my sister is holding the bow against the shore. And then I hear something that I couldn't quite believe......I ask my sis "Did she just say what I think she said?"

"Yes.....":rolleyes:

Here's your quote of the week from that woman that forced my to hide my face behind the steering wheel so they couldn't see it turn purple (my sister had her back turned so she was safe).

"It's a V8 - it should do it.":dunno

:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao Yeah, we both kinda lost it there....

We almost left them there, but couldn't quite do it. My dad brough his truck back down, trailer and all, then tied the front of their dakota to the back of our trailer. Another guy was watching the whole thing and when we explained that we were about to leave but came back in light of the situation, he looks at us like we're from the moon and says, "Why?:confused:"

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If people that owned boats were smart they would not even have to be near the water in their tow vehicle when launching a boat or loading it back on the trailer. All they need is one of these. Of course that makes to much sense though.

You must be registered for see images

But let's all hope that they don't get smart any time soon because all these hilarious stories would come to an end and then we would have to start paying for entertainment.

http://www.xtend-a-hitchnorthwest.com/

monkeyboi

Reaction score
Why is he gunning the darn thing. It looks like he going from no to full throttle without even trying to ease into it. I have yet to need 4wd to get my boat (17ft bayliner) out with mud tires that absolutely SUCK in any kind of water, but I do use 4lo with the hub unlocked so I can apply throttle slowly and evenly to keep from breaking loose. I'm with wmoguy about people going too far in. Only need to go in until the stern floats (if you remembered to unhook the straps and install the plug), any further is just asking for trouble.

As an aside, have any of you boaters tried siping your tires. I had a buddy with a 2wd explorer and too much boat. Said siping made ramp traction about twice as good with no downside.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rear tires of my truck never get wet, and while I don't really NEED low range, I used it anyway for exactly the reason mentioned (and its just easier on the transmission). Our scratchbuilt trailer already has a decent length boom so there is usually a couple feet between the rear bumper of my truck and the waterline.

Nice setup too. Instead of having to beach the boat to the side while getting the truck (rocks in some cases), I have my Dad idling off shore, then just drives straight on once the trailer is wet. Even with a side wind he can lean the boat against on of the pylon guide rollers and the boat finds its own way on.

burtcheca

farmer/cabinetmaker
Reaction score
Smoked in first gear? Probably wasn't in first.

My farm truck on first will pull my tractor, or my van, in parking. It has a T19. On the other hand to get to 55MPH you need to put the engine in 2200.

And I don't like not even my wife driving my van or the truck!

Don't worry about the clutch, these trucks will take a lot of abuse and serve you faithfully many years.

Take it easy.

Burt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online