Ignition Lock Cylinder problem

catodd

Reaction score
Installed new lock cylinder from Autozone, now key will not come out. Truck starts ok....should i go buy another?

RacingSTude

Reaction score
Installed new lock cylinder from Autozone, now key will not come out. Truck starts ok....should i go buy another?

Oh fer.... Naw, just leave the truck in the Walmart parking lot like that and somebody WILL take care of it for ya... ;Sweet :rotflmao cookoo

emmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh fer.... Naw, just leave the truck in the Walmart parking lot like that and somebody WILL take care of it for ya... ;Sweet :rotflmao cookoo

W :confused::confused::confused: T :confused::confused::confused::confused: F?

Sure Id take it back and try another, my lock cyl is screwed too.

sassyrel

Reaction score
your either not getting it in quite right--or something is really wore inside there--

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
is the cylinder all the way in the Column? or is the key not all the way turned back, or did you turn it back to far to the Acc postition?

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
the lock cylinders from auto zone are less than impressive. i had one in my truck for a week before it started giving me a fit. i promptly pulled it and replaced it with one from napa, about twice it much but it was several years ago and it has worked flawlessly since i put it in. not being able to start the truck when it is 20 deg out with the family in the truck is not cool.

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
The one i picked up this weekend was from a local family run place and it was a standard one, the PN is US-70L IIRC

catodd

Reaction score
Well after foolin with it a little, she now works. The Ford ignition cylinder came with door locks too.....do i need to pull the door panels to install?

sassyrel

Reaction score
Well after foolin with it a little, she now works. The Ford ignition cylinder came with door locks too.....do i need to pull the door panels to install?

no!! not if your articulate--pull the spring clip that holds it in--pull lock--then you will see the plastic clip that holds the rod to it--now--get a small wire--and tie it around that rod below the clip twice--just believe me--pry the clip loose carefully--then hook the new one up,lock in,clip in--if you drop the rod--dont blame me--:rotflmao:rotflmao

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle