Ignition lock actuator

FoolhardyIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my 1985 F-250 non-tilt, just gave up the ghost on the ignition lock actuator. Where do I get a new one, or do they even have a lock actuator on the non-tilts?

Randy Bush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes you still have one. You can get one from most parts stores, even from Amazon.

This video might be of help to you on it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yO103OzDDY

Last edited:

FoolhardyIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes you still have one. You can get one from most parts stores, even from Amazon.

This video might be of help to you on it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yO103OzDDY
That video is for a tilt wheel. And all the actuators that I find say for tilt wheel. I have replaced an actuator on a 1991 f350 with tilt but have not done it on a non-tilt and I do not know if it is the same part as the tilt wheel. As my 85 is my daily driver I was hoping that someone might know for sure if is the same part as the tilt wheel or if it is different.

Randy Bush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge they are the same for both. When I look it up for one it does not ask if tilt or not. and if you have replaced a tilt one changing this will be easy. Like I said call a parts store and check , you can get it NAPA , Car Quest , any of those places, Ford may even still carry them.

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't know mine was tilt until I broke the actuator....

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
What a perfect market for a nice little billet part as opposed to the craptastic potmetal replacements! I don’t like my ability to get out of places I have gotttn into sometimes to rely on a tiny piece of potmetal. Somehow always got it started and home but I would give $50 for a billet one...

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Here's a picture.

mexicanjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drive down to Oreillys or
Autozone.. they have them in the HELP! or DORMAN section. not too bad to replace, i did mine last year. Remember to lubricate the actuator with lubriplate or graphite before installing

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online