IF YOU LOVE YOUR TRUCK... OIL COOLER 911

CaptTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take it to a rad shop, boil it out and pressure test it... only about $40 bucks or so to clean it.

Once it's shiny again, look for more corrosion, pitting and cracks. If it's pink, get rid of it, all the copper is gone and it's brittle, then replace. If it holds pressure, then its up to you whether or not to exchange it.

Me... I like new parts, but I'm crazy that way.

SyicoIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My budget is a little tight and im going to have to blow money on an injector pump etc. So I went ahead and welded it up. Took so long because I had to help a budy move in between. Now there are two types of welders those that can weld and those of us who pretend to weld. I fell I am the later, so be nice.
You must be registered for see images attach

Ahh jb weld covers a multitude of sins... just like molding and calking;Really

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got a couple around here, I can spare one if you want, the core is yours!

Just PM me an address, I'll package it up and ship on your dime...

Al

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As some of you know I have a thread on my S1600 rebuild. Today I decided to finish taking apart my oil cooler after letting them soak up some PB blast. Here is what I found.

:puke: All that obstruction was ROCK HARD. I had to use a small screw driver and a plastic hammer to chisel it out. If you intend to do this be careful not to rupture the copper tubing.

The oil side of that cooler is fine. The coolant travels thru the core tubes and the oil flows around the fins. Clearly the colant or lack of is the reason this cooler bundle looks so bad.

a coolant filter does wonderful things hey Gary.;Sweet

PwrSmoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First, Riotwarrior, good on you for offering that cooler bundle! Good man!

SyicoIDI:That was nasty! I got the heebee-jeebies looking at mine right after I tore my engine apart (see pic below) with just a couple of chunks of silicon blocking two tubes (which can be traced to yours truly because nobody else has worked on this truck in the past 25 years). Now I know what the true heebee-jeebees are all about.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.