If it were your truck...

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
Ive started a thread similar to this on another truck forum I visit, and have had many suggestions thrown my way, that some Ive gave thought to and acted on. My truck is a 94, and a base model, no luxory anything! Id like to spruce things up body and appearance wise. Ive done a considerable amount of work already both body and mechanical wise since getting this truck over a year ago, I think it was a year. Well anyways back on topic. Id like to get more ideas as to things I can do to it to make it "Nicer" looking, so if it was your truck what would be some things you would add to it, or even remove from it.

So far since owning this truck I have...

Installed a PSD front bumper
Removed plastic rain deflectors above windows
Removed chrome molding from wheel wells
Installed Cab lights
Installed Lund Visor
Fixed most of the damaged body work

Still contemplating on removing those nerf bars for something else.

I am still wanting to add a set of the crystal clear headlight/marker lights, possibly 2 tone the truck, what colors I dunno. That or just color the bottom rockers a different color, maybe tan or gray? Interior wise I plan on changing the dark dingy gray to a lighter tan or maybe even that brown color you see in the newer OBS trucks.

Here is the truck before I bought it. FYI this truck was shipped to me from Georgia!!!

You must be registered for see images attach

A few days after having it, got some things cleaned up.

How she sits as of a couple days ago.

So lets get this started!

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
I am a 2 tone fan myself. Either a color down the middle or on the lower part looks good. What color interior do you have.

How did you fix the bedside damage?

TWeatherford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice lookin truck.

I think dark gray or tan rockers would look pretty good. I like bed liner myself, just because it helps keep the rock chips down, and I think it looks tough.

I had similar rain deflectors above my windows when I got my truck, although mine were cracked. I pulled them off, and had a heck of a time with a heat gun getting the adhesive off. The paint underneath is slightly cracked in spots.

TwoTone IDI

ZF swap completed!
Reaction score
if you could two tone the top and bottom and have a white stripe down the center, you could use just about any color you want... would look really sharp

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
id leave the nerf bars on her just shine them up. never really liked the steps or running boards:puke: then id paint her. always loved the two tones. i think i have a pic somewhere of one with a red and silver two tone its really nice.
here it is.

Attachments

• ford101.JPG
    ford101.JPG
    568.7 KB · Views: 67

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
I am a 2 tone fan myself. Either a color down the middle or on the lower part looks good. What color interior do you have.

How did you fix the bedside damage?

I am thinking the lower part. I fixed the bedside with a lot of beating and banging, come along, slide hammer, and 1/8" bondo. Its not perfect but its 100% better than before though.

Id like to leave the painting to a minimum somehow. I may do the gunmetal gray on the bottom rockers? I do like the rain deflectors but the plastic ones were cheesy looking. I had a set of nice chrome ones on my dually. Yea the adhesive was a PITA to remove.

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
xwhatever on the two tone paint...

I have always loved red and grey or grey and black!

Thad

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
High Gloss black with Metallic Gold Boss Mustang stripes

Blacked out cab lights, "Ghost" taillights (I think) along with the clear headlights like the Red/silver truck

Some 20% tint

Dual 4" exhaust with 6" tips

West Coast Mirrors

305/70R16 Cooper Discover ST/T's

Paint the chrome around the headlights black

Some kind of push bar/brush guard with some square fog lights

I'm sure I'll think of some more later

Last edited:

Blind Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just imagine, if money were not an option, what kind of a custom paint job would you give it?

It can be anything. Pick a theme. Camo? Science fiction?

Then check with a auto vinyl graphics company to get a price:sly

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
For a white OBS crew cab, my vote for best looking would go to Russ's PSD.
You must be registered for see images

I like that it still has a largely stock look, but with some accessorizing. The tires aren't too big, I've always been a fan of the stock alcoa rims on the OBS years. His grill and headlights look pretty nice, and the color of the rockers looks pretty good.

I've owned cars with custom paint jobs....never again.
My ideal OBS CC would be red, stock height, 285/75/16's on stock Alcoas, nerf bars, cab lights, and a single 4" SS exhaust. Maybe some bed rails, but that's about it for the accessories.

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
Factory Alcoa wheels, the other wheel well trim (the thinner ones), diamond plate bedrail covers, nice shiney toolbox, euro headlights, Gen 8 taillights and different mirrors.

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
I really do like Russ truck, simple yet classy! I am leaning towards doing the 2 tone similar to his, with the bottom rockers. Seems to be a little more simpler than painting the entire truck.

Whats the process to make sure I get and even edge with the paint, you know where it dont make a huge hump from the new paint to the old? Sanding???

I have a set of 285/75/16 on layaway at a local shop, yes layaway! Who has a grand just laying around? I want some factory alcoas, but no where to be found. I guess factory steel will do for a bit.

I am adding a in bed toolbox, but its one that fits into the bed not on the bed rails. If thats what the girlfriend buys me for Christmas!

Again the headlights are on my list to get. Its weird though that they put off decent light still.

Windows are tinted, but the tint is turning purple. May remove it all and go get it all redone.

Thanks everyone for the hints and suggestions. I knew I could count on OB!

Keep em coming!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online