IDI Torque Screw Adjustment

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I still call placebo on most of the gains. You see that big cloud of smoke, and You get an instant *****. (ahh to be 16 again) It effects Your perception.

I call bluff! Show your cards. LOL

I disagree with you here, although I generally agree with most of what you say.

NO, this screw don't put an extra 100 ponies to the ground, but I do say it makes a difference(10 - 20 HP maybe?). With it at factory settings, it spind the tires a whopping 1-3 seconds at a WOT start.

With the screw turned out about 3/16", it smokes like a locomotive, BUT the truck will start spinning, shift into second and then burn the tires in second gear. Once I get a day off and a cameraman...I will show you.

I am trying to get my buddy to go splits on a dyno run (book it for an hour and make 2 passes a piece, me with a run before and after torque screw adjustments). He was a twin turbo R32 Skyline-Drool that put 320 to the wheels last time it was on the rollers.

If Your going to run around 'Rolling Coal'. Just remember, when they bend Us over and force DPF's on older diesels, Don't whine about it! It all came from the irresponsible tuning of a few.

I TOTALLY agree with you here!!!! There is a place and time for EVERYTHING and spewing a cloud of smoke on the drive home when everyone has the windows down is NOT the time or place!! This is irresponsible IDI-ing (I think I made a word) andone caught doing this should have their delivery screw and torque screw welded in the factory settings!!;Really

Rollin Coal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ohhhhh I thought you were driving around like that...hahaha gotcha.
Where is a common spot to put the pyrometer probe and what is an acceptable temp?

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Pre turbo in either exhaust manifold., or in either exhaust manifold in an non turbo engine.

1200*F is MAXIMUM before you melt holes in stuff that shouldn't have holes melted in them lol.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
It will to a certain extent. A turbo will force more air into the cylinder, but after a certain point the air charge from the turbo will be too warm to make any difference.

An intercooled turbo would make even MORE of a difference again. You might see less boost with an intercooler, but the air charge is cooler and you get better results with a cold air charge.