IDI Sled Pulls

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
probly why i broke mine brad. i ran 18 in the steers, 5 in the rears. had plenty of bite. lol

i plan on pulling mine again, but i will be exibition only wherever i go. but that will have to wait till it is back together.

smokin90

Reaction score
anyone have any tips on tire pressure? i had a few people tell me run around 18psi so the tires will spin a little, and i had other say lower the better? :confused: last time i tried second gear but i thought i was going to smoke the clutch, so i restarted in first and just gave it to her! any other tips?

for a stock truck i wouldnt run less then 20psi in the front no less then 35psi in the back the more you take out the more the tires are going to bite and if you go to low its going to bounce the sled ways around 50,000Lbs my buddy and me always used 15 and 35 that always worked for us

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the gf wanted me to pull at the lebanon fair this year but i said not till i fix a few things and do some motor work but well see if she can talk me into it by the end of the year

BP6.9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
naw haha i pull alot of goosenecks with it and alot of freinds wanna see it in a truck pull, im still undecided thow

hogfmr88

Reaction score
What has everyone been getting for distances? I pulled my old "Ox" in 08 with Firestone transforce and about 1200lbs of weight. It went 169'. In 2010, without any regard for the truck, I pulled 190. That time it had bfg at kos and about 200lbs weight.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
i made it 149 when the rear shaft let go. but was still cruising along good. vid is on utube

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Distances have really nothing to do with it. It all depends on the overall track length and how far the sled operator wants to let you go. In all reality, he could just hold you at the start line and not let you move an inch.

RANOVRU

Full Access Member
Reaction score

89ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pull with mine NA alot its getting ready for a turbo but I get about 190 every time and I pull about 4 times a year

Jake_IN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! Thats the kind of stuff Im looking for.

Do you remember what gear your E4OD was in??

First video from two years ago was 4lo second gear and i couldn't get past 2200 RPM's with foot floored and barely a wisp of smoke. Second video is 4lo first gear, floored, injectors with less than 2000 miles on them and i advanced the pump a little bit. Was against the governor most the time as you can hear in the video (cackle goes away when I'm against the governor then at the very end it comes back)

Jake_IN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Distances have really nothing to do with it. It all depends on the overall track length and how far the sled operator wants to let you go. In all reality, he could just hold you at the start line and not let you move an inch.

You must be registered for see images attach