IDI into Mustang

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With a torch and welder, anything is possible with creativity.

jaed_43725

Need Quad Cab 4x4
Reaction score
The Superchicken 3.8 is a real PITA to work on. I should be home in 2 weeks and I will get actual measurements for the engine. And then I can go from there on actually seeing if one can fit in well. I wouldn't want to get to crazy and have custom sheet metal engine bay setup.

grog85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe it would fit in there width-wise, it has a rear sump pan,but, as mentioned, the hood wouldn't close without a scoop. The exhaust manifolds should turn down before the pipes hit the firewall, but, you would have to do some measuring to be sure.

jaed_43725

Need Quad Cab 4x4
Reaction score
The oil pan can me customized to whatever. As for the hood, not really a problem. A cowl or turbo style hood can be had easily. There are headers for the IDI and they might work. But I would probably try to make a turbo kit for it.

fury9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is gonna sound dumb, but could you make it awd? and do boost launches? with all four tearing a new hole in the pavement

jaed_43725

Need Quad Cab 4x4
Reaction score
Well fury9, I am sure I could. My other car is a 03' WRX and AWD is the awesomeness of all awesomeness. I would actually end up being 4x4. But a Dana 44 in the front and rear should work out. May have to use a disconnected transfer case like from a high-boy. I found a Rockwell disconnected transfer case on my local craigslist for $50.

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya know a numbers matching 64.5 with a 261... sure, sacrilege.. but an early fox?

You're busting his balls, why?

Its a damned Pinto with good looking sheet metal. Its base engine was what, 100hp 2.3? it in the hotteset form was 100hp LESS than todays v-6 mustang..

By all means, IDI that thing... humor me and start with an 87+ drop top. Or at least hang the 87+ nose and tailights on the one you pick.

Rollit out on the mesh looking wheels (16") found on the crown vic 1997 era with the handling package, eradicate the chrome, and shot for 250hp/450 hp to the wheels.

Be a DAMNED good time.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
I've always wanted to put an IDI in to a 66mustang!!!!:sly

I'd like to see a 6.9 in a 69!!!

I second thiscookoo

Mustangs are fast, agile cars. AN IDI is neither

But an IDI is the cats meow......

ya know a numbers matching 64.5 with a 261... sure, sacrilege.. but an early fox?

You're busting his balls, why?

Its a damned Pinto with good looking sheet metal. Its base engine was what, 100hp 2.3? it in the hotteset form was 100hp LESS than todays v-6 mustang..

By all means, IDI that thing... humor me and start with an 87+ drop top. Or at least hang the 87+ nose and tailights on the one you pick.

Rollit out on the mesh looking wheels (16") found on the crown vic 1997 era with the handling package, eradicate the chrome, and shot for 250hp/450 hp to the wheels.

Be a DAMNED good time.
True ture!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online