idi injectors

prepowerstroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey thanks guy i just put new injectors in my truck about a year ago... cant remember what kind they are i think they are stock e codes but i can not chirp tires! so might be getting some bb codes because not to impressed with proformance..... prob bc of bad ip but idk

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
If your chirping the tires I don't think you need injecters nor an injection pump but... If you really want a pump call conestoga Diesel. Talk to Mel about a baby moose or a Moose pump if you have a turbo. As far as the collective can find out the Moose Pumps are the finest example of a quality well built pump with a cast iron warranty. Many members here are running them and the comon complaint is the same across the board... Can't keep the foot out of the throttle...:sly These pumps have no "short cuts" taken during the build.....

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
i said i cannot chirp tires.... truck is pretty sluggish

Wow... I read that but posted what I di anyway.. Sorry... About these injecters you installed... Being E codes tells me they porobably rebuilts and who knows what they did to them. Sometimes members post about installing new rebuilts and that throws plenty of us off whats going to. A BB code set will wake up the engine but timing and a rebuilt quality pump will be the best idea too.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hey thanks guy i just put new injectors in my truck about a year ago... cant remember what kind they are i think they are stock e codes but i can not chirp tires! so might be getting some bb codes because not to impressed with proformance..... prob bc of bad ip but idk

there is no significance between factory 92-94 stanadyne E codes and BB code injectors.
neither injector are going to magically transform an idi truck into a tire roaster.

if your looking for idi performance,the first place to start is a bolt on turbo kit for starters.
"BB" codes are not going to give you anything over E codes,unless your E's are shot.they are not a performance injector.its a rumor.

Being E codes tells me they porobably rebuilts and who knows what they did to them.

they're made brand new still to this day by standadyne and are readily available.

Last edited:

velacreations

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a turbo, and I want to get a new IP and new injectors. I can't find new BB's anywhere, but new G's are around, and not too expensive at $320+ a set. I guess if I am just replacing my IP (I think it is a 5069, not sure) with a rebuilt, then should I just go with the new G's? Cause if I go BB's, I guess it is going to have to be remans. And will BB's be fine with my IP?

velacreations

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im thinking about buying a rebuilt pump off of the u-haul site on ebay... where can i get a set of BB code injectors?, and what is the best timming to set it at?
where are you seeing those rebuilt IPs from uhaul? I'd love a link, if you got it.

getting new BBs is kinda hard. I've been looking around, but all I can find are new Gs.

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got a turbo, and I want to get a new IP and new injectors. I can't find new BB's anywhere, but new G's are around, and not too expensive at $320+ a set. I guess if I am just replacing my IP (I think it is a 5069, not sure) with a rebuilt, then should I just go with the new G's? Cause if I go BB's, I guess it is going to have to be remans. And will BB's be fine with my IP?

you can pm type4 (Russ) he has BB codes.

G codes are the stock turbo injectors that came with your truck.i just put a new set in mine and have been very pleased.
that is the correct replacement ip for your engine.a 5070 would also be a factory turbo replacement meant for manuals.it just lacks the FIPL/TPS bracket.you could bolt yours to it before sending yours in for core,and end up with the same ip.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always sell new bb codes, they are back ordered right now but will be available I match pressure them because they vary some from the factory in mexico. Any new injector is going to be an improvement over a high mile worn out set, pressures change, pintles wear, and drips develop, just the nature of the beast.
Be paatient and the new bb codes will become available.
And high mile or improperly rebuilt pumps will also kill any hope of performance.

velacreations, pm sent

Last edited:

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
I have BBs from Russ, the only problem I had with them is that I had everything adjusted for my worn out factory E codes (2 of which were stuck). The BBs being new and not stuck flow considerably more fuel therefore I need to readjust every thing. Part of it is the computer for my E4OD that can't figure out how to shift (I'm above caring, it's getting a manual), but if I try to baby it then the turbo doesn't light instantly and it gets a little smokey, which can be fixed with an allen wrench.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Between 9.0 and 9.5 degrees before top dead center using the pulse timing method.

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need to readjust every thing. Part of it is the computer for my E4OD that can't figure out how to shift (I'm above caring, it's getting a manual), but if I try to baby it then the turbo doesn't light instantly and it gets a little smokey, which can be fixed with an allen wrench.

make sure to replace the tps if mileage is unknown and adjusted properly to specs.