IDI for sale

GaPchNCrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No- not mine.

I happened on an IDI for sale locally- its out in front of a local tire shop. Body looks to be in good condition, its a 87-91 era. Pretty sure its an automatic, it was dark when I saw it and stopped to look. The sign on it said FOR SALE and nothing else, no price or anything. Couldn't see a mileage. the # to the shop is 706-675-6768. Thought I'd pass it on :)

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got one too. About 7 miles from my place. Looks like a 90 with a utility body on it. If anyone is interested, I can take a look at it for you.

pafixitman

Reaction score
'88 Jerr Dan rollback by me. Has gold in it somewhere 'cuz the guy is asking $8995

Clean truck though.

Any idea of $$ Mel?

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Agnem said:
I've got one too. About 7 miles from my place. Looks like a 90 with a utility body on it. If anyone is interested, I can take a look at it for you.

I've been wanting to get a utility van for some time, those come with the bigger body pick-up usually have the one that is a bed (no roof) body. That would b a perfect candidate for wvo :D

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pafixitman said:
'88 Jerr Dan rollback by me. Has gold in it somewhere 'cuz the guy is asking $8995

Clean truck though.

Any idea of $$ Mel?

I'll try to find out. - Mel

GaPchNCrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
more info

I got more info on the one by me for sale.

Its a 1990, 5 speed, only 1 owner. He just had about 2500 worth of work done to it, did some work to the doors, had all of the window and door seals replaced, had new glow plugs, injector pump, injectors and some other things I am sure I forgot done to it ( he called me back when I was on my way to a funeral visitation, so my mind was elsewhere). Body is in VERY good shape, I saw 1 scratch on the driver side. Bench seats, crew cab dually, non turbo. 190K miles. Gooseneck hitch in the bed. I know this guy and hes pretty good about maintaining his stuff- he is the head of the road department in our county. His name is Sammy and his # is 706-302-3059. He is asking 9K, willing to negotiate. I thought that was a little high, but wasn't sure how much he is willing to negotiate, and can't recall what all else he told me he had done to it- may make it worth it? anyway, just throwing it out there!

dbarilow

over worked
Reaction score
I saw a 89 to same style front end tow truck for sale think it was for 4900 looked like it had some cold start problems caus they keep it plugged in even now its in hunt valley on york road

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Technically I'm still an employee & on the payroll there. Got a code for the building alarm too. Very good friends with them & excellent people to work for. But, I can promise you this. If Joe Linhard is selling it, there is very little wiggle room on the price. The man has a gift for selling junk for TOP DOLLAR. I didn't think he had any IDI's left. The last one I knew of left long ago. It was almost my first APEX tow truck. I did drive it for a while when I started there. New guy got the non-turbo truck. It was a tradition. I can call Joe & get details if anyone want me to. He'll tell me if anything is seriously wrong with it.