IDI experts: TP sensor question

scjarena

Reaction score
I was replacing a head on my 1990 7.3 and accidentally broke my TP sensor. I ordered an NOS one from Ebay but it is slightly different. My old part number is F2TF-9B989 CA and the one that came in the mail is F2TF-9B989 BA. Can I use the new one if I open the hole up in the bracket? The new one is shown on top, it has a larger boss on the back See picture: Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

You must be registered for see images attach

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't why you couldn't use it, only thing is the resistance of the wire wound resister from idle to WOT? Is the ID of the hole where the throttle tab drives it the same size?

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking on ebay, it appears that you got the TPS for cars. Whether it will work on a diesel, just don't know. Like I said above about the resistance. About all you can do is install it, see if the voltage from Idle to WOT will step from the 1.02 to no more or a little less than 5.0 VDC. You could do that before you install it.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
You have the wrong tps. I can't really say it will work correctly if you open up the holes in the metal bracket or not. This is a critical switch that must be correct or the E4OD trans will not shift correctly. And that can ruin a $4000.00 trans.

scjarena

Reaction score
Yeah, after comparing them some more, I noticed one works clockwise and the other counter, so it is definitely the wrong one. I'll have to be more careful next time and make sure I match the complete part number.