I'am really getting sick at the price of diesel

Pacific

Gravel Rat
Reaction score
I filled up today its up to 1.009 dollars per litre ;Pissed

For you Americans its 3.73 for a US gallon CND or in US Funds 3.07 per gallon.

My truck took 23.85 litres or 6.4 gallons it cost me 24.07 CND when 2 months ago or even last year it would have only cost me 15-17 dollars for the same amount.

This is getting old quick why in the h*ll are we getting rammed up the behind with the high price of fuel when gas is cheaper.

One good thing is that fuel additive really worked my fuel mileage is back up to 12mpg again :rock:

You guys may figure 12mpg is bad but thats good for me I'am happier than a pig in ****.

If I was still getting 8-9 mpg todays fill up prolly would have cost me 30 dollars.

Ohya I don't run my rear tank lower than 1/2 because we only have one gas station in this area so if you need to-go any distance you have to make sure the tanks full.

The gas station is a good 10 mins away from where I live.

I will be really miffed if the price of diesel keeps getting higher because this is BS why is a easier to make fuel cost more :mad:

Even people with 30-40 mpg Volkswagon diesel Jetta's are feeling the price of the fuel increase LOL

rubberfish

Reaction score
Over a loonie per liter?????
Wow,,that's gross.
Still can be found for 92ish here.
Where are you anyways?

on edit:
If you know where Silvedale is (Mission)
you can get it for in the high 80's.

Last edited:

Pacific

Gravel Rat
Reaction score
I'am on the Sunshine Coast I can drive 30 mins down the road and the price of fuel is slightly cheaper but when you only get 12mpg a hours drive burns alot of fuel.

I'am looking for a Tidy tank and I will run bulk fuel (Marked) I don't give a crap. Marked fuel is around 75 cents per litre paying a loonie a litre is complete BS. A tidy tank used by the contractors holds about 130-135 Imperial gallons it would cost me about 430 dollars. If I bought that much fuel at the gas station at a loonie a litre it would be 575 dollars. I would save about 145 dollars and I would get about 25 fill ups out of a tank.

As for the price of a 4 litre jug of milk I don't know I don't look at the price I like to have 2-3 glass fulls (300 millilitres) a glass.

rubberfish

Reaction score
Originally posted by Pacific
I'am on the Sunshine Coast
Hey cool,,,I used to live in Wilson Creek:)
That was 25+ years ago, though.
And I thought the "Queen of much needed repair"
was in sad shape thenLOL LOL LOL
Last time I was up there, the stupid boat
caught fire and I was on the damn
thing all freakin' day:eek: :mad:
The least they could do is have a cigarette machine on board.
I was getting pretty close to running out:fight: :eek:

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, no, no....don't be talking bout running "the pink" stuff, this thread will be killed...:shoot:

Opps, sorry that was over at the other place...:Whatever: :fan: :flipa

F-it...I ran the pink before...and I'll do it again.:peelout

wwwabbit

Mmmmm Diesel
Reaction score
What? you mean you don't have a large oil tank for your oil heat in your house? I know when I was driving my old rabbit I had a very drafty house and had to have the heat on all summer long ;)

Just a thought... how well do these motors run on the veggie oil? I am sorta thinking that with the two tanks it would be easy enough to switch to real diesel for starting/stopping, and run some veggie oil in the middle....

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Milk is 2.34 a gallon in Wyoming.

pafixitman

Reaction score
$$

Originally posted by 95_stroker
Milk is 2.34 a gallon in Wyoming.

Ah, we have the Mid Atlantic Milk Producers Assoc which price fixes so the dairy farmers won't go under.

They need to pay for those '05 KR super duties some how.:rolleyes:

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: $$

Originally posted by pafixitman
Ah, we have the Mid Atlantic Milk Producers Assoc which price fixes so the dairy farmers won't go under.

Hmmmm, I always thougth it was;

Mid
Atlantic
Milk
Makers
And
Replenishers
Institute of
Easy
Squeezin's

:sorry:

Swany

Consiglieri
Reaction score
Is that US dollars or Canadian dollars? If it's that bad, moving might be in order

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do we really care about the price of flippen MILK!:D
If fuel prices keep going up and I know they will...we'll be walking to get the milk!

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Do we really care about the price of flippen MILK!
Well, I look at it like this: You're going to buy either one. It doesn't make any sence to me to complain unless you're willing to do something about it. Do I like paying more for fuel, NO but I don't sit here and complain about it either. If the fuel costs are killing you, sell the truck, buy a cow and see how much milk would cost you then. :D