I want this for a parts runner truck but no room :(

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a steal, I've seen blown up idi trucks sell for more around here! And this one even has a turbo! Take the work box off scrap it but a bes rattle can it, take turbo off instal factory air box and keep turbo for yourself then sell the whole truck for 1500. Make your money back plus some and have a turbo kit for free lol

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would bet it is a smoker and will not pass emissions. That could be a real pain in the ass to smog for title.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Mr Clickety Clackety

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That enclosed utility bed (Someone said to scrap it! Don't do that!That's valuable to someone like plumbers,electricians etc.) and gate are worth more than his asking price.The truck with it's turbo diesel engine and trans just happen to come with it lol.
My thougets exactly. would be handy loading parts and maybe even turn it into a mobile work Truck.

Damn, now I'm contemplating this for real... might just sell my 1990 civic hatchback back to make room.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
I have to do this constantly. Driveway is full, but I think we need a 25-30 for gooseneck flatbed to park in the yard until we can sell the camper...and a RCLB, 4x4, 5 speed, IDI parts truck for Bruiser...and something 4x4 for the wife to drive in the winter (which I will eventually convince her to drive all the time and sell the junk '02 Ranger)...

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, if it were a 4x4 manual, it would be an awesome SHTF "home away from home" truck. I'd want to paint it a lighter color and cut some windows in it.

Gotta love the ad, though. How, in the age of digital photography, do people still get their fingers in the frame, and cut off parts of the subject? Not to mention their own long shadows....

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That enclosed utility bed (Someone said to scrap it! Don't do that!That's valuable to someone like plumbers,electricians etc.) and gate are worth more than his asking price.The truck with it's turbo diesel engine and trans just happen to come with it lol.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/COMPLETELY-...ash=item2a7c66140a:g:8AYAAOSwiDFYQ1We&vxp=mtr
that box/bed puts the GVW at it's max. WHEN EMPTY. I used to be responsible for one years ago. It's overweight when filled with the gear it was orig spec'd for.

DOE-SST

1994 E350
Reaction score
that box/bed puts the GVW at it's max. WHEN EMPTY. I used to be responsible for one years ago. It's overweight when filled with the gear it was orig spec'd for.

true.

I bought an identical box for $600 and slapped it into a trailer frame with two 6000 lb axles. I welded up all the exterior access panels for better security.