I want bucket seats in my sc. can you guys point me in the right direction?

larson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty much what fits that you guys have seen or have experienced yourselves in a sc?

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
scab buckets as well as bronco buckets should fit. I actually bought a set of 2011 seats (I think) that I'm planning to adapt to my stock seat brackets. If your truck has the mount hardware underneath similar era (to your truck) bronco or scab front seats should be a bolt in. The crew cab and regular cab floor pans are different than the SCab.

ihf-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
scab buckets as well as bronco buckets should fit. I actually bought a set of 2011 seats (I think) that I'm planning to adapt to my stock seat brackets. If your truck has the mount hardware underneath similar era (to your truck) bronco or scab front seats should be a bolt in. The crew cab and regular cab floor pans are different than the SCab.

I found that out when I replaced my cc seat with one from a sc I am a lot closer to the steering wheel now but it is worth it to have the flip down arm rest.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Explorer and Windstar seats will fit. I've hear that Crown Vic seats will as well, IIRC. Just make sure to get all the bracketry between the seat and the floor. If you have a front bench (guessing so since you want buckets), the outer mounts on the rails for the above seats will bolt right into the factory location on your floor.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
. I actually bought a set of 2011 seats.

f'n jealous!
ive been keeping my eye out for 99+ SD 40/20/40's but no luck.

if you have a welder, anything can be made to fit.
my 94 SC has a set of lightening seats in it.. what year?
i dunno.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those lightning seats could be from an OBS truck. The first hen lightings were like 95's??

Averysm09

Reaction score
Pretty much what fits that you guys have seen or have experienced yourselves in a sc?

Did you ever get your hands on any? I have the old ***** red interior so I figured it would be pretty tough to find some buckets to replace my bench. I've been looking for a while to find some buckets, but I think I may have to result to junkyard seats, if I can find any.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have 2001 excape seats with brackets made to directly bolt into a CC cab.
drivers is electric!

finally got my SD seats ;Sweet

Averysm09

Reaction score
Dang.

I would prefer to get the oem 92-97 bucket seats with armrests. I bought a Bronco two years ago with those seats, and they IMO are the most comfortable seats ever put in a vehicle. The bench in my 93 F250 may as well be a trampoline...

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree with IDIoit... the SD Buckets are AWESOME!!!!!

I have back issues, and the factory leather captains chairs in my Excursion is one seat I can sit in and my back WILL NOT hurt...... the next best seats were the FLEXSTEEL seats in our customized vans from the 80's.....

Averysm09

Reaction score
SD seats. A specific year that you look for? the 99-03 SDs? I'm guessing that they changed the seats a little bit in 04 with the body style change. I do believe either way that I end up going, it has to have an armrest.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does anyonw know is the SD bucket seats come in black cloth???
Can comfirm, drove an 03 with grey cloth...holy that was comfy.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ive nevr seen black cloth.
only greay
i have tan cloth SD for the 6 door.
just need another rear seat.

tan leather may be sold.
to make way for Corinthian king ranch leather for the PSD.
gonna be $$$$$ like 5k new! but it MUST have new.

any SD seats are awesome 99-now.
all depends on the style you want, and your budget.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
SD seats. A specific year that you look for? the 99-03 SDs? I'm guessing that they changed the seats a little bit in 04 with the body style change. I do believe either way that I end up going, it has to have an armrest.

99-04 should be the same, the exterior and interior are the same those years. 05-07 has the different front clip, and the dash is different. Not sure about the rest of the interior. Mine is a tan-ish leather, it is an Eddie Bauer, so it is the same color as any Eddie Bauer package Ford from the 90's on........

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajuka

Members online