I need some fuel filter mounting ideas

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Many years ago I mounted a water trap fuel filter on my truck. It's mounted to the fan shroud. Wix #33123 is the filter number.

I would like to move it to a more accessible place under the hood but I dont see a place with enough room for it. It needs to be mounted with the drain down.

Ideas? Pics?

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Serpentine belt opens up a bit more options, I mount my coolant filters off the alt bracket on serp trucks. For your 87, id build a bracket off the fuel filter bracket or put it on the frame

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Serpentine belt opens up a bit more options, I mount my coolant filters off the alt bracket on serp trucks. For your 87, id build a bracket off the fuel filter bracket or put it on the frame
I would like to put it right next to my stock filter but I dont think I have room with ac,dipstick etc all right there.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll grab a pic in the morning of a truck I have in the shop that’s an auto bricknose, I have a bracket on that I made for a coolant filter, you can look at it and see if it will work for your filter

austin92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what is the difference between a BRICK NOSE and BULL NOSE ????????????? visual or year or what????
It’s just the body style. Bullnose was 80-86. Bricknose was 87-91

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk