I need HELP Broke down miles from home!!!!

ihdieselman

Diesel Mike
Reaction score
My father borrowed my 1999 f-250 to go to florida He got fuel at a flying J and 100 miles later it suddenly started blowing fuel smoke badly knocking and running rough. He turned it off and then later tried to start it to move it to a place where he could try to drain the fuel filter and it will not turn over! something is stopping the engine from turning. He is stuck in georgia. Can anyone help me figure out what is wrong? Any help would be appreciated. Mike

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
and 100 miles later it suddenly started blowing fuel smoke badly knocking and running rough.

Was the eng temp normal?
Has he checked the coolant and oil --to make sure they are where they are supposed to be?

He turned it off and then later tried to start it to move it to a place where he could try to drain the fuel filter and it will not turn over! something is stopping the engine from turning.

can he hear the starter engaging the flywheel?

this thread will be moved to 911....

ihdieselman

Diesel Mike
Reaction score
I don't know

I think the engine vitals were all ok. The starter is engaging the ring gear. My brother seems to think it is the injector o rings can anyone back this up?

ihdieselman

Diesel Mike
Reaction score
I am taking a truck and trailer with a extra car on it down to him and I will be bringing the truck back on the trailer. thanks for the help.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry I can't help more but I think thats the best thing you can do to avoid a more costly repair or get ***** at a stealership hundreds of miles from home.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Staff online