I just noticed there are loads of cheap zd9 glowplugs on ebay

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with cubey, don't want to encourage the fakers.

From that linked article, the OP says that the real Motorcraft GP has a hex crimp near the top, and the fakes have a circle there. The several ebay offerings I looked at had the circle.

It also says that real Motorcraft parts bags have a little circle punched out somewhere, to let air out.

Now I'm going out to the shop to check the ones I have on the shelf.
I’ve bought and returned the 40 dollar ones before that had the hex crimp, sold as motor craft genuine and showed up in a letter envelope completely blank with some Chinese letters.

China can make higher quality stuff. When you engage them for contract you set the quality control standards. Most Americans want immediate gratification @ little to no cost. China says no problem here’s the quality you wish.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score

nelstomlinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chinese factories will send the very lowest quality the buyer will accept, and will try to cheat at that. If you aren't inspecting it, they aren't doing it. If you will reject a lot with N deficiencies, they will aim for N-1 deficiencies in every lot, and try to bribe your inspector to accept more.

In that culture, not cheating is unthinkable.

Black dawg

Reaction score
Odd... Here's an eBay listing on those glow plugs...

The pics look like the fake to me...

Whatcha think?
If the pic is actually the same as what is in the package, they are mostly definitely fake.

I just looked through the 10 sets that I got from my supplier, that I remember paying less than 40 bucks a set for, and all are genuine.

Booyah45828

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Odd... Here's an eBay listing on those glow plugs...

The pics look like the fake to me...

Whatcha think?
I think they're fake. But with 46 5-star reviews the general public will continue to buy them. What's sad is that some of the reviews even mention buying only oe plugs, not knowing the plugs they bought were knockoffs.

Only 1 review wasn't 5 stars and they mentioned plug failure in a week.

I guess only the dealer can be trusted to sell genuine plugs anymore, assuming none of the fakes are returned and resold as genuine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828