I just bought a turbo, what am I missing? Aka, craigslist find.

WasteOBurner

Reaction score
potter valley, california. mendocino county
Hello everyone, love this site, all it's members, and American/Canadian made Ford's!
So, I scour craigslist daily, my girlfriend thinks I have an "issue". I found a color matched camper shell for 60 bucks!, and a 6.9 ats turbo kit for ---$. I need help with what I bought, what it is I need, and how to install. I have done my due diligence as far as searches, I'm a good mechanic, but never turbo'ed anything before.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like the important stuff is all there

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
If I'm seeing this correctly the blue intake manifold has a piece missing from the back of it. If thats what your refering to then yes.. Thats a problem but wait.. Its no big deal because ALL idi intake manifolds are exactly the same be it a 6.9, 7.3 non turbo or a 7.3 turbo engine manifold. Also for others looking at the intake manifold please notice the lower left manifold log where it bolts to a head. See betewwen the bolts holes the number 8 cast into the manifold. Well thats number 8 cylinder and every intake port runner has a number cast in it telling you what cylinder your working on or looking at. Also notice on the passenger side of the air horn of the intake is the firing order cast into the manifold. Now you have no reason to wonder what cylinder your looking at or working on. Please take notes because there will be tests.. Yes teats at the end of the day...:eek::angel::D I'll bet I would have been a tuff professor too...

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
If I'm seeing this correctly the blue intake manifold has a piece missing from the back of it. If thats what your refering to then yes.. Thats a problem but wait.. Its no big deal because ALL idi intake manifolds are exactly the same be it a 6.9, 7.3 non turbo or a 7.3 turbo engine manifold. Also for others looking at the intake manifold please notice the lower left manifold log where it bolts to a head. See betewwen the bolts holes the number 8 cast into the manifold. Well thats number 8 cylinder and every intake port runner has a number cast in it telling you what cylinder your working on or looking at. Also notice on the passenger side of the air horn of the intake is the firing order cast into the manifold. Now you have no reason to wonder what cylinder your looking at or working on. Please take notes because there will be tests.. Yes teats at the end of the day...

WasteOBurner

Reaction score
potter valley, california. mendocino county
If I'm seeing this correctly the blue intake manifold has a piece missing from the back of it. If thats what your refering to then yes.. Thats a problem but wait.. Its no big deal because ALL idi intake manifolds are exactly the same be it a 6.9, 7.3 non turbo or a 7.3 turbo engine manifold. Also for others looking at the intake manifold please notice the lower left manifold log where it bolts to a head. See betewwen the bolts holes the number 8 cast into the manifold. Well thats number 8 cylinder and every intake port runner has a number cast in it telling you what cylinder your working on or looking at. Also notice on the passenger side of the air horn of the intake is the firing order cast into the manifold. Now you have no reason to wonder what cylinder your looking at or working on. Please take notes because there will be tests.. Yes teats at the end of the day...:eek::angel::D I'll bet I would have been a tuff professor too...
I noticed this after I purchased it, the broken piece, but I have two other motors to poach from, so all is well. I thought there may have been a turbo specific manifold....thank you. I have found a parts schematic, courtesy of a forum search over at FTE. looks like I need an oil feed hose, a pyrometer, o rings, grommets etc.
https://www.atsdiesel.com/PDF/6.9-7.3-088-Ford-Turbo-System-Layout-sm-A4.pdf

Last edited:

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ive got orings, the grommet for the drain is a cdr type. also have oil feed line kit

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online