I Got Stacks

IH_444

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would almost definitely kill your turbo sound. Not to mention I can't imagine it flows that well being that the exhaust flow hits the wall at the split. Not a very good design. I would bet you wouldn't be happy with it because you wouldn't hear any turbo whistle out of it.
Turbo- What turbo?
A turbo is in the works...someday when I have the cash and find a used one:love:
I don't know about the other stacks yet. My dad has a 76 Ford 9000 tandem straight truck with a 671 detroit. I thought about cutting the muffler off and putting a stack on it:sly
I could put the other on our GMC topkick (cat 3208)

Who knows, maybe we will put them on a lawn mower:rotflmao

Last edited:

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
after putting stacks on 5 different trucks I've yet to find pieces cheap enough to make it worthwhile over just buying a kit. Most of the time they come up about the same price for just the piping then you got to buy clamps and stuff not worth the hassle

IH_444

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya I'm going to go with a kit. I hope I can afford it this month. I found a flatbed I wouldn't mind getting:sly

IH_444

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the 5"s sitting in my truck
You must be registered for see images attach

this is one of the other pair- I think they are 6"
You must be registered for see images attach

IH_444

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since the in-bed y pipe will raise them even more, I'm going to cut them down.
I do want them to stick up above the cab at least 8" or so:love:. That way you can see the stacks from the front:D.
Right now the stacks sit at 5ft tall.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats what I plan on my stacks looking like when I get them on. Ive got a lead on a factory turbo kit so they might have to wait until I have that on, hate to do things more then once.

smokin69

Always smokin'
Reaction score
My cousin made one of those cross over pipes like the craigslist one out of 6X4 tube and you could hear his turbo just fine(93 6.5). Alot of the truck pullers by use use 6x6 diamond plate boxes like that because a guy around here sells em and they are flashy for sure.

IH_444

Full Access Member
Reaction score
use some steel woul and windex and they clean up nice;Sweet

Yeah I'm going to clean them up once they're mounted.

smokin69, I might just have to make a Y and see what's it's like. It won't cost anything (I'm sure I have the metal to do it) if I don't like it I can always buy the kit, but at least that would get me going.

Diezel_Cowboy

It's not like a real ***!
Reaction score
Mine run through a box as well. It does have some muffling effect but so does a Y pipe. The box is the easiest and cheapest way to get around all the overpriced Y pipe and elbows. It is bolted down with springs on top like a wet line kit for a semi truck. This allows flex while holding securely. The box is also the cleanest looking way to mount them.