I got my Truck back today...new Paint!

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, the rear wheel wells are free of rust 110%. ;Sweet
New paint down both sides and on the engine hood w/new pinstripe all the way around.
Once again my creem puff looks like it just left the show room...now only if diesel was .51 cents like it was 20 years ago when I bought it new.;Really

I still need to get those fuel senders in...at the BOOB rally ;Sweet :D:rotflmao
Still hoping to make it for a full Saturday and visit with the great group of people I meet back in 2003 :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
I still need to get those fuel senders in...at the BOOB rally ;Sweet :D:rotflmao

I vote for Mel to get the fuel lines off and take another diesel bath. Gotta be some sort of ritual for him me thinks.cookoo

Congrats on the fresh paint!

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pictures please :popcorn

I'll take some new one tomorrow but...it looks like it just came from the showroom...the same truck in my avatar. My total repaint from 9 years ago still looked fresh however the two rear wheel wells started to rust and made me crazy. Now I get to be crazy about something else...anything else cookoo :D
You must be registered for see images attach

MeanGreen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, a lot of repaints going on lately LOL! I have my 93 and my 97, and I have decided to get my 97 completely repainted. The 93 can wait and it was a Southern truck, and it is also a project truck. My 97 is my baby, so I am dropping 10K on her for a full repaint (removing window glass, weatherstrip, etc.) so there will be no tape lines. Exspensive, yes, but a new beast is 50K and they suck!:D
Jerry

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I vote for Mel to get the fuel lines off and take another diesel bath. Gotta be some sort of ritual for him me thinks.cookoo

:backoff

Swine.

LOL

Congrats on the repaint Ray! You've gone a long way from "It's for sale" to "Now my baby looks like new again." ;Sweet

:hail :hail :hail For making the right choice.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
wow, 10K for a paint job? when i had my 93 done a few yrs ago i had the full treatment it was a tick over 3K and that was with body repair (bedside R/R, front fender R/R, front trim).

looks good!

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This "new paint" thread isnt anywhere nearly as interesting as the other "new paint" thread. LOL

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Todays Pics...
LOL...it looks just as good as always but no more rusty rear wheel arches. Both WHOLE sides were painted for color match. New pin stripe and the engine hood was painted too. Truck looks showroom.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:backoff
Swine.

LOL

Congrats on the repaint Ray! You've gone a long way from "It's for sale" to "Now my baby looks like new again." ;Sweet

:hail :hail :hail For making the right choice.
and I'll have a nice piece of clean cardboard for you when ya tackle my fuel senders. But don't do it so quick I won't learn anything ;Sweet
What-a-pal :thumbsup: