I got a idea

budtoh3zo

Reaction score
Strap a D6 cat Turbo on her. Made for low end grunt work last forever, and cheaper $1500 canadian. I can get a wategate and everything.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:cool idea, but how much are the pipes and whatnot? I assume that you'd need to fabricate the exhaust piping...might not be feasible for someone who doesn't know how to weld (read: pay out the nose to have someone do it for them)...

Also, what sort of boost does the D6 turbo put out?

budtoh3zo

Reaction score
I got some one who will do it at a resonible rate im going to redo my exsust anyways going into stacks i think oh and if its to much my uncle is a pretty good welder. But i was looking at putting it under the truck less fab work i cant do. There is pros and cons to that but i think it would be neat. As for the boost im still looking into it.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Don't know much about a D6 kitty but I know that if stuff the turbo under the truck you will increase your lag time for the turbo to kick in but once up to speed your not gonna notice it much. I say strap it on and see what happens... Never know might be the best thing since sliced bread...

Oh and congrats for thinking out of the box...

budtoh3zo

Reaction score
Yep that was the con i was thinking of and running oil lines back there, Pros Not many like that, still easy access to GP and Injectors.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Getting the oil returned to the pan would probably be best accomplished with a fuel pump I would suspect but I wonder how it would do with oil considering it's thicker than fuel... Might want to run some testing on the bench with some cold oil first before making much more of a jump.

budtoh3zo

Reaction score
for the oil pressure i was going to pull the plug by the oil filter were it says it the banks instructions think that would work? But were would i return it to is what im wondering.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
You could introduce the oil back into the system just about anywhere there is not pressurized oil, for example like the valley pan, valve cover, oil pan or the like. I would probably go with valve cover only because it's easiest to get to when choosing between that and the oil pan. A guy could blow a hole in the oil fill cap and return the oil that way which would be a cheap way to go because if for some unforeseen reason you decieded to yank the turbo off the truck you could replace the oil cap very cheaply and easily. Now if you were to blow a hole in either the valve cover or oil pan you have more to do than just spin on a new plastic piece that you could reach without much trouble at all. ;)

budtoh3zo

Reaction score
that is a idea, how about going to a elec fuel pump then were the mech one went tap threw the block off plate? would that work, or is there pressure there to, Same idea as the oil cap just less hose to run. Also im thinking of pulling the air from the box. she is slowly coming together now only if the money came this quick lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin