Hypermax Updated?

pullcat

Registered Cruiser
Reaction score
I finally ordered a turbo kit from Hypermax. On thier site they say that the kit has been updated, and is now easier to intsall. They also claim that it should take around 5 hours to install. I was just wondering if either of these claims are true?

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Well if You can probe the second claim then the first one is true :D now I installed mine in about 8 hours all alone so Your updated version should take less time :rolleyes: . It all depends on the available tools and type of truck You have, example lifted vs non lifted cab.

pullcat

Registered Cruiser
Reaction score
I don't have a body lift on my truck, so I assume I will have to mess with the firewall flange. From what I've read some people have an easier time with this than others. I'm hoping for the best.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if anyone has an exploded diagram of the kit, that would put the guessing to an end. ATS may have some scatterbrained "techs" answering the phones, but their PDF files on the kits are priceless.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Ok, You can do the EZ mode on the firewall, it worked for Me it will for You. when You have all this space cleared behind the engine and You are ready to start installing parts use a car scissor jack between the tranny and the firewall (You can cut the fw lip before this too) and maybe You can adapt something to it so You can use a ratchet and socket to turn the jack and You do it until You get enough space to clear the pipes and some extra space. You Do want to cut the lip a little bit so it will be easier on the tranny/engine mounts but I've done it and saved Me time.

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
I finally ordered a turbo kit from Hypermax. On thier site they say that the kit has been updated, and is now easier to intsall. They also claim that it should take around 5 hours to install. I was just wondering if either of these claims are true?

5 hours!! Hell I spent 3-4 on one bolt! The second bolt on the DP hanger can be tough! But, the kit is easy to install. I didn't keep up with the time spent because I'm a turtle!:rotflmao :rotflmao

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As for updating the kit, this might just mean that they re-wrote the instruction manual, which is what they usually get dinged for having the worst of. The install time is optimistic, but not impossible. However, I would say that 6 hours would probably be the average for someone who only installs Hypermax turbo's for a living. LOL