Hypermax Cowl Induction....

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I just found my parts from hypermax on my porch. I'm impressed at the fabrication of the induction. Its plenty thick so I'm happy. The shipping was unknown by them. I told the person I ordered from over the phone I had read it was free shipping... nope... $12.40... No biggy. I'm a long ways from Ill so its worth it to me to have it here. Big day tomorrow I guess... Got new toys to play with...:sly:D

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Now you guys know I'm terrible about pics and viedos. But I will try to make it special for all those that "like to watch"....:rotflmao:sly:angel:

damac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got one of those on my truck with new uhaul pump and injectors. My darn pump is smoking black though from about half throttle to full. My old setup didn't do that.

What if my old exhaust is plugged up and I got the intake, is it possible this made it smoke blacker?

I need to upgrade the exhaust but don't want to spend $$$$ so I was going to turn the fuel down and revisit the issue later.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I got one of those on my truck with new uhaul pump and injectors. My darn pump is smoking black though from about half throttle to full. My old setup didn't do that.

What if my old exhaust is plugged up and I got the intake, is it possible this made it smoke blacker?

I need to upgrade the exhaust but don't want to spend $$$$ so I was going to turn the fuel down and revisit the issue later.

Chances are you need to get it timed, but a clogged muffler really sucks as well.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nah, its not the fault of the cowl induction unit. It's probably either that you now have a healthy pump and it's rolling some coal or you have a couple of weepy injectors in there so it's causing the excessive black smoke. The cowl induction is the best system you could get unless you wanted to fabricate your own custom intake or a true cowl hood and completely ditch the restrictive airbox designs.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I just found my parts from hypermax on my porch. I'm impressed at the fabrication of the induction. Its plenty thick so I'm happy. The shipping was unknown by them. I told the person I ordered from over the phone I had read it was free shipping... nope... $12.40... No biggy. I'm a long ways from Ill so its worth it to me to have it here. Big day tomorrow I guess... Got new toys to play with...:sly:D

Congrats ;Sweet You are going to love that thing :D If you can get your hands on a plasma cutter , it makes REAL short work of the installation. With a plasma cutter and an air drill, it takes longer to mark off the holes than it does to install the whole thing :D They did a great job of fitting that setup.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
i am going to do the hypermax cowl on my truck. I was looking at my firewall though and it is not flat. i was wondering how well the ducting seals up against the firewall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle