hydroboost questions.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well what i need to know is what master cylinder are you guys useing?i have the whole hydroboost out of an 88 superduty that was wrecked.the crash took out the master cylinder.but the hydroboost survived except for the poor power steering pump.

but anyways.i put the whole setup into a 92 F250 cab that is going on an 88 f350.i have the 88 F350 master and the 92 F250 master.will one of these work or do i need the master for the hydroboost?

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I believe it will work just fine, You'll have to use a round file to enlarge the holes on the MC but it will work. I used the one on My 93f350 and I :love: it.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The above is true. Why not just use the F450 size master cylinder? It will give you better brakes than the 250 or 350 master cylinders can.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont have the master,it got wrecked in the crash.i aint giving up the spare one that i have for my truck and the onwer probably wont spend the money for a new one since the F250 and F350 both have brand new masters on them already

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont have the master,it got wrecked in the crash.i aint giving up the spare one that i have for my truck and the onwer probably wont spend the money for a new one since the F250 and F350 both have brand new masters on them already
rich-
if the master is going on a F450, using a smaller master is a really bad idea. I don't have engineering data to back up my statement, just common sense. If the truck is a F250/350 do what you gotta do but CYA. Tort lawyers love braking system failures.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
rich-
if the master is going on a F450, using a smaller master is a really bad idea. I don't have engineering data to back up my statement, just common sense. If the truck is a F250/350 do what you gotta do but CYA. Tort lawyers love braking system failures.

nope the hydro boost is going into an F350.this truck has had brake issues since the time the rear wheels came off on the highway.since then ive replaced every part of the brake sytem including the backing plates on the rear axle and it still had no brakes!!!-cuss -cuss -cuss id get decent brakes for about a day and then it would be back at the shop again for brake work.

ive read here that the guys that have done the hydroboost had better brakes than they ever had and since the pedal assembly i am useing from a super duty wont work with a vacuum booster,i figured id just use the hydro boost setup

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Yes the brakes should improve very much but if You already have a problem with the brakes maybe this is not the fix for the brake system on that particular truck, meaning You should at least have normal brakes with the system You already have which You posted You have already replaced most parts.

jauguston

Retired
Reaction score
You should use the master cylinder that is for the truck. The booster is just that a booster for the brake system you have.

Jim

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes the brakes should improve very much but if You already have a problem with the brakes maybe this is not the fix for the brake system on that particular truck, meaning You should at least have normal brakes with the system You already have which You posted You have already replaced most parts.

dureing all this work i am doing the brakes are also on the list and will be working when i get done.but you all know that the F350s had the worst brakes especially when loaded.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
dureing all this work i am doing the brakes are also on the list and will be working when i get done.but you all know that the F350s had the worst brakes especially when loaded.

Then You'll love the hydro boosted brakes and while You're at it get the rear disk brakes from an earlier truck/van and You'll be on brakes paradise.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i aint going that far.it aint my truck.trust me if it were my truck it wouldve been scrapped.underneath that 94 cab there is still an 88 piece of SHHHHH!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7