hybrid build idi dump truck

langevette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Big time progress today! Buddy of mine who's a big truck mechanic came to help. We set the cab and he got to work swaping pedals and steering column, while I ran the frame wiring harness. It turns out that a standard cab 133" truck harness is just long enough for a 161" c&c truck. The best part is the taillight plug matched up so it was completely plug and play. I ran brake lines, not the finest job I could have done but that's how it goes. Got the core support set on and one fender bolted down, paint isn't too bad considering the two different trucks the parts came from, and one built in Canada the one in Virginia.

The teenage kid I got this cab from must have thought foam=fixed when it comes to body work. I dug that all out and treated it with rust converter, then I'll lay some fiberglass over it. I know, not much better but at least it it will be solid when done.

Got to make one more connection in the brake system then bleed it out, and refill the engine trans and tcase and ps. Driveshaft shop wasn't open after Christmas so I'll get them there first of the week. Got the engine plugged back in but need to get new battery cables made. Once the floors patched i can throw the floor and seat back in then fix the stretched door cable and broken handles. This is coming along better than originally planned, besides having bought another truck for parts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrannonB

Members online