How to tell?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you tell what injectors are in your truck. Are there markings on them? I'm going to look around tomorrow as I replaced mine years ago and didn't know there were differences until I found this forum.

Jeff

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
Markings on the wrench flats, unless they've been rebuilt.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
If they are factory stanadynes, they wil have the code stamped in them, but here is where it gets sticky. if they are rebuilts, a lot of rebuilders , will rebuild the things to a different spec, i.e. take g code bodies and rebuild to BB specs , then if you have a different brand in there such as Delphi injectors, they have a different code entirely

gandalf

Reaction score
All that being said, most of the plugs are marked, I believe. How true the markings are is a matter for your best judgement.

Here is an example of the markings on the glowplugs I got from Russ, TYP4.

Attachments

• DSCF7677.JPG
    DSCF7677.JPG
    809.3 KB · Views: 15

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All that being said, most of the plugs are marked, I believe. How true the markings are is a matter for your best judgement.

Here is an example of the markings on the glowplugs I got from Russ, TYP4.

Wow what were those glow plugs in?. I have these really thin things that say "Beru" on them. I bet if I had glow plugs that big I could start down to -50 without the block heater. :rotflmao

gandalf

Reaction score
I just can't get away with anything anymore, can I?;p

It was late, a bit after midnight, I was just home from work--a place where common sense and job knowledge are not a requirement. I was tired, and still in work-mode. Give this poor old guy a break.

Now, if you want to see some big glowplugs, I think I saw some pretty large ones at Calvin's last time I was there. They looked like they could heat the cab of my truck.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went out with a flashlight and with rust and all I can't see anything I can identify. There could be something on the flats I can't see. I think I need a better light source. Tomorrow I will take a mirror out and hopefully be able to train some sunlight on the things. Thanks for the info.

Jeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it took some electrical parts cleaner and a rag along with some sunlight and a mirror to make out that I do indeed have the bb code injectors. In one way I am a little disappointed as I was thinking I could pick up some hp and mileage with an injector upgrade. Now I don't have to mess with it. While looking around I did find one glowplug that the connector had come off of. I doubt I notice the difference though. Thanks for all the info. I guess I should run something through the thing to clean the injectors.

Jeff

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online