How to pull codes? Overdrive light blinking

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
Ive tried searching, and looking on youtube on how to pull the codes, but Im getting conflicting information, and none of it seems to be working. So Ive decided to just make a thread and be done with it.

Back story on why I need to pull codes

Last week I Drove my truck about 50 miles to the shoreline to pick up a pool table, drive down there no issues. Chit chat with my buddy for 1.5 hours, fire the truck up to come home, the truck revs to about 3k than shifts into the next gear.. first time its done it to me before, continues to have long delayed shifts, but I make it to OD, and drive it home (prob shouldnt have, but it was late and I was tired) I notice the OD light is blinking as well on the drive home.

This week The truck doesnt rev as high now before it shifts, but when It does shift, it shift firm. not like normal. Ive only drove it around the block a time or two since the trip to get the pool table just to see if anything changes.

I checked my FIPL and I have 1.13 volts on a warm idle.

So how do I find out what is causing the light the blink other than just throwing parts at it.

Please help

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eec port on driver Fender wall. ODB 1 scanner. With engine warm, turn key on but leave the engine off. Must be at full throttle during scan cycle

1994 Ford F250 Superduty, 2wd, 7.3L IDI, NA, E4OD

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
Is there another way, other than a scanner?
I tired making a jumper wire from the single to the big one held the pedal down with KOEO but get nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not that I know of. An OBD 1 Shaner runs about $20 bucks at a parts store, less on eBay

1994 Ford F250 Superduty, 2wd, 7.3L IDI, NA, E4OD

mu2bdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before you pick one up, I have a reader and am in Wethersfield. I have some free time this weekend if you're around. PM me if interested.

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
Well thanks to mu2bdriver it's back working and shifting fine, he's the best mechanic I've ever seen, fixed the truck and didn't even lift a wrench

Pretty much idk why or how but the truck fixed itself? No more blinking OD light and smooth shifts...

mu2bdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's all in my gentle touch. You have a great truck; on my drive home I kept thinking about your acceleration vs my 'acceleration.' Keep me posted on how you make out call me anytime you need a hand with anything. I just finished my rear tank now and just have to replace the skid plate in the morning.

mark huff

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to tell if the pump is going out on a e4od transmission my tc is not locking up and u am starting to think it is the pump it still shifts good o and it's a 90 f250 7.3 4x4

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
Why do you think it's the pump?

Will do Chris, I plan on driving it tomorrow to Mass hopefully it will be ok, but if not will let you know

mark huff

Reaction score
If deals like it wants to lock up jest not all the way I put some luckes in it and seams like it got a little better

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
I'm no expert by any means but I'm pretty sure your problems are not because of your pump. Sounds like an internal e4od issue

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Staff online