How to polish a ****, for Dummies

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also my pyrometer install, had an old Autometer cup laying around so i screwed it to the A-piller.. Realy turned out nicer than i thought at first, just kinda floats on the A-piller..

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

racer30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just read the whole thread, Good job with the rebuild, it was fun to see the truck get reborn, any problems with DOL when you put a new cab on the truck?

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Worked good, Even 55.00 is alot for what you use thou. That just buy's the gp plug harness, not the whole harness like i had thought at first. I think with some skill and an hour you could just make one, but you'd probly have close to 55.00 in materials anyway...

racer30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well out west here in WA we have the department of licensing, and the state patrol has to inspect the truck. Theres a bunch of paperwork to do and hoops to jump through to get a rigs vin code messed with. Was just wondering how much crap you had to go through in PA. I was thinking about rebuilding a truck myself and just doing my home work on what I might run into doing something like you did.

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope out here we go by the frame VIN as the legal VIN of the truck.. Thats atleast what i was told buy the lady at the title office, so for the winsheild vin i simply changed it over.. She said that was fine aslong as it has a frame VIN that matches the title and i'm open about the body swap if the question ever arises...

Last edited:

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh and incase ya'll did'nt read on the forum.. I bought a set of stan's long tube headers, so i'll be running those with true daul 3" or 3.5" exhaust. Should sound pretty good, i saw one ounce with them and 40 series flowmaster's, and it sounded awsome..

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i beleave i finally fixed the hard start problem.. Started within one rotation earlier, turn's out my return system caps were all loose and i had'nt relised it, 6 of them were leaking a bit and i think they all leaked air. When i did the return's i did'nt lube the o-rings or push the caps down all the way... Now i put all new o-rings in and lubed them good, also pressed them all down all the way tight with the base of each injector. The real test will come at 8:00 am when i try it, but i beleave that has been my ongoing problem..

Last edited:

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i need an alternator, i went to crank it up at 9am and had stone dead batteries.. The alternator has been bad, but now it's just plain shott. Geuss i'll upgrade to a 100 amp or maybe 3g 130 amp...

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welp it seems i've fixed my hard start issues.. Started it up at 9am, about 26 outside and i thought for sure i was in for another HARD start. Thought to myself if i dont get this running and startng 100% before next weeks snow moves in i'm gonna give up aand let it sit till spring. Hit the key after it's been sitting 4 days now unran, let it glow and turned it over. WOW!! it fired rite up, i did'nt even hear it crank and i could'nt count it in secounds. I mean it just kicked rite over, will test it again tomarrow morning.. So glad it's sorted out now:D;Sweet

TwoTone IDI

ZF swap completed!
Reaction score
Welp it seems i've fixed my hard start issues.. Started it up at 9am, about 26 outside and i thought for sure i was in for another HARD start. Thought to myself if i dont get this running and startng 100% before next weeks snow moves in i'm gonna give up aand let it sit till spring. Hit the key after it's been sitting 4 days now unran, let it glow and turned it over. WOW!! it fired rite up, i did'nt even hear it crank and i could'nt count it in secounds. I mean it just kicked rite over, will test it again tomarrow morning.. So glad it's sorted out now:D;Sweet

thats a great feeling... i had similar elation when i finally knocked my air problem out. it makes a HUGE difference in whether or not you want to drive the truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726