How to polish a ****, for Dummies

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also had to order a new fan clutch, the onld one just would not budge off the water pump.. I think it is cross-threaded on, just wont budge at all. So i'm gonna cut the blade off to get my pully and the fan blade itself back, new clutch is on its way..

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
yo bud, i got that dash outa the truck. was going to clean it up some. you still interested?

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The woodgrain lower trim?? I think thats what i had asked you about, i still need the wodgrain peices for under the cluster..

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok alott going on, not alott of pics but some. Heres the new "typ4" injectors i put in it, highly reconmended this thing runs smooth as silk now.

What i got done this weekend was installed the 2" body lift, used grade 8 bolts thou, did'nt like the bolts it came with.. Check it out, looks a lot better sittin 2" higher...

I also traced my hard starting problem to a shott and leaking lift pump, so i ordered a new fauct electric pump from "genlightening". That should fix that problem. I also ordered a new non A/C rad support to replace the A/C one that was in it, so my radiater will fit...

As of now untill i get yet more part's i'm just doing small things, installing shocks, new throttle cable, changing fluids in rears, t-case and transmission, going over things and just taking care of odds and ends.. This truck is taking my money faster than i can make itLOL, but thats how it is:D

how do you trace air leaks? do you use the put soap on it and see if it bubbles method?

Last edited:

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
how do you trace air leaks? do you use the put soap on it and see if it bubbles method?

Do use all a favor. When you quote someone(when they had pics in the quote) DELETE them so they dont all get reposted. This site is slow enough, no less double posting pics

;Sweet

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i got a ***** stack of new stuff to add on, and charged my camera.. Probly get a good bit done sat, sun, mon as i'm off for christmas.. My pyro came in, fan clutch, power steering lines, ps cooler, gp controller and gp harness. Water pump is done, as well as new t-state, hoses and belts...

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i got the water pump done yesereday, new gp haness and gp controller in aswell as new belts, hoses, more new olives and injector o-rings and new fan clutch.. Also discovered that my cold advance was not working before, the plug that plugs into the temp sencer on the head was bad and not hooked up..

After i blead all the air out of the system it fired rite up and ran smooth, fuel is cranked to 1.5 flatts and my pyro is in just need to drill the hole to mount the probe.. Runs and seems like it will start 100 times better with working timing advance and high idle.. I'll cold start it today depending on if my neibors are home or not, don't wanna disturb them on christmas.. Pic's are on there way.

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok some pics, this is what i've been up..

You must be registered for see images attach

New water pump, hoses, t-stat, belts..

New gp controller and gp harness..

Rebuilt and plugged the filter head

My faucet E-pump i installed before..