How to polish a ****, for Dummies

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well over the past two days, I got the old rad support out and the new one in. Installed the new fauct E-pump, reinstalled the radiator with all new hoses and clamps, flushed the cooling system and filled it up with fleet-charge from tractor supplie. I also got everything finished up under the hood, and the shocks installed...

The fauct pump FINALLY fixed the hard starting and air intrusion, the old machanicle pump was shott all to hell. This new pump combined with the matched "typ4" injectors, she runs awsome now and starts great, barley cranks at all;Sweet. I'll get pics up tomarrow of my progress....

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
Add a leaves will sag from the weight eventually and make it right like crap. I vote F-superduty springs.

i agree AAL ride like crap!!! save your money for a dana 60. it will be worth it, if your not worried about riding like a log wagon then throw a leaf in on each side. hope you got a comfortable seat LOL

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Well over the past two days, I got the old rad support out and the new one in. Installed the new fauct E-pump, reinstalled the radiator with all new hoses and clamps, flushed the cooling system and filled it up with fleet-charge from tractor supplie. I also got everything finished up under the hood, and the shocks installed...

The fauct pump FINALLY fixed the hard starting and air intrusion, the old machanicle pump was shott all to hell. This new pump combined with the matched "typ4" injectors, she runs awsome now and starts great, barley cranks at all;Sweet. I'll get pics up tomarrow of my progress....

Which support did you end up going with?

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which support did you end up going with?

I found a repop one on the internet thru searching around for 160.00. It's definatly not a factory one, but it fits and without without any major tweeking everything bolts in place.. I'm gonna keep searching for a real ford one, so hopfully when i pull the truck apart for paint one day i can swap in a good ford one.. However finding one is not an easy task, the rad support is usually the first to go..

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well time to update this, i forgot all about my thread untill just now.. Just alott going on and i forgot. I'll take update pics tomarrow, since the last update pics i've put in my rad support, rear bumper, finished e-brake stuff, installed a facaut pump, went over aott of stuff and fixed loose ends..

Rite now i have the front of the engine tore part, putting on a new water pump. Then it's install the front bmper, grill, headlights, throw on a new steering linkage and drive it.. I also think i have a return line leak or air intrusion after the Ip somehow, starts 1000% better then it did when i got it but still starts hard. And the colder it gets the worse it starts..

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i did'nt get pics yet, dam sun going down at 4:30. But i got the water pump on and most of the stuff back together on the front of the engine.. Also while i had it apart i saw easy access to the IP fuel screw plate so i popped that off and cranked 2 flats into it..

I also got my new gp harness yesterday and i bought a new gp cotroller. Also going to redo the return lines again before i try restarting it again, i think i am getting air in the return system somehow...

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
Lemme know how that gp harness and pyro work. I have an autometer cobolt pyro i was going to use (bought used off ebay) but the harness is *****.

good to see others have that same one and it works well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online