how to get my injectors to go out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Morgan

Pipeline Mechanic
Reaction score
Five bottles of Power Service 911 in 3/4 tank of fuel and go climb a mountain loaded, heavy. This might get you more than new injectors. Possibly a new reman PSD!

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:confused: cookoo

Well if you're so hell bent for glory to blow it up in hopes Ferd will fix it for ya free:rotflmao ...........Get a big tank of propane or nitrus, open the valve, inject it directly into the intake, start the truck and start running and she'll overspeed scatter parts fer ya

Post a vid for us and let us know what the stealership says about your warranty claim when you do it.

:popcorn :popcorn :popcorn

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Bite the bullet and spend the money on new injectors.:rolleyes: Why try to kill it.cookoo Chances are Ford will make you pay for the injectors anyway.;Really

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Fill it up with unleaded.... that should do the trick. When ford denies the claim don't blame me:idiot: :shake:

You spent $40K on a truck and your worried about spending $1000 for injectors:***:

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
cant they find out thats what you did?

I fill with watered down fuel a couple times every few months in my Pete's. (not intentional of course) When the truck stops run low on fuel or have just had there in-ground tanks filled, it stirs alot of **** up in the fuel. There are filters to help the big diesels deal with it so it isn't really an issue. I always use Howes or Lucas fuel treatment to reduce the effects. Point is you could say you picked up a bad tank of fuel somewhere but that may not help if you want to get it fixed under warrenty.

PM tbirdfiend281 & ask him what to do. He's a diesel tech at the local ferd stealership here in fallston.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my brother works at a dealership, and he had the diesel tech look at it, and he said it does have a miss, but it isnt big enough to do anything about yet, but time is running out, im just trying to speed things up

On the serious side...IMHO I think it is a bunch of B.S. that the dealer won't fix it while it's under warranty because it's not bad enough yet. I'd be in the middle of the showroom floor, not a closed office, raising hell with the General Manager and possibly scaring off potential buyers on a nice busy sales day if they told me some BS like that.

You need to push them to fix it or find another dealer that will, before the warranty runs out if your not being turned down because of the mods.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
I personally would rather pay the $1000 dollars to replace injectors, as i don't have the heart to hurt one of these things.

hitechredneck

Hillbilly Deluxe
Reaction score
I work for the local dealer and as soon as we hook our pdas to check the codes there is a p1000 with is a keep alive memory code that only show you had a programmer and chip on it. so they may not warranty the injectors, also if you are not careful they may be over rev and overboost codes. So just watch what your doing. i have seen a 6.0 with 9800 mile getthe warranty voided because of banks pda programmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.