how to get my injectors to go out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a 7.3 truck isnt a mustang, it wont have over-rev codes in it...

the p1000 could mean to many things to tell, the kam codes can occasionaly be set when the stuff is taken off the truck, but that is hit or miss again.

a 7.3 is not the same kind of system as a 6.0 it will not have an overboost code from having more boost from a chip, the tell tail sighns are usually related to having some sort of ICP code in there from the chip running more high pressure oil, witch in turn runs more fuel, witch in turn gains you that 150hp you just dialed into, on a 7.3 this will not hurt the truck.

what problem did that truck have at 9800 miles that made your dealership believe it was related to the pda programmer?

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to stir the pot or anything, but what if we look at it from Ford's side:

Your truck is nearing the end of its warranty. The injectors are still functioning but beginning to show signs of age and wear, that might be normal for an engine that has been worked for its 100,000 mile existence. You're wanting Ford to pony up and replace components that will still continue to function properly through the end of the warranty term, just because you want to save the cost of replacing them yourself in May when your warranty expires. How is it OK for Ford to take the hit on a repair when the truck functioned as promised throughout it's warranty period. Furthermore, you've monkeyed with things with a programmer and are making the engine do things that is was NOT designed to do.

I'm not saying who's right or wrong, but why is it Ford's responsibility to replace your injectors if they're still working, just to save you some money?

Ryan

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i concur, but not as extreame as you, if i was in the shoes of the tech servicing that truck, ya id ship you out of the door, more because you have a large amount of aftermarket going on your truck, and you pull a load. even me being ignorant to the work you do do to the motor, id still probably tell you to wait till it was alot worse, if in fact your miss is very subtle.

an all stock truck is a different story, id probably hunt that down for the pure fact 7.3 injectors shouldnt go bad before 100k

that being said, maybe the programmer and all that extra fuel system pressure caused internal scuffing of the injector, either from large load, high rev, or both

how does your truck idle without the egde on it man? i had a problem with one of there piggyback systems (not a handheld tuner) causeing an idle stability, lack of power, and engine miss, it may have been a fluke but you never know

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Not to stir the pot or anything, but what if we look at it from Ford's side:

Your truck is nearing the end of its warranty. The injectors are still functioning but beginning to show signs of age and wear, that might be normal for an engine that has been worked for its 100,000 mile existence. You're wanting Ford to pony up and replace components that will still continue to function properly through the end of the warranty term, just because you want to save the cost of replacing them yourself in May when your warranty expires. How is it OK for Ford to take the hit on a repair when the truck functioned as promised throughout it's warranty period. Furthermore, you've monkeyed with things with a programmer and are making the engine do things that is was NOT designed to do.

I'm not saying who's right or wrong, but why is it Ford's responsibility to replace your injectors if they're still working, just to save you some money?

Ryan

I gotta agree here. Hence my previous posts. It seems that you are trying to get something for nothing.

SKimballC

Reaction score
Have you tried peeing on them? That's what I do whenever I don't give a damn about something and want to show ultimate disrespect.

scheid6996

scheid6996
Reaction score
p.s. afe stage 2, is that nitrous or propane?

no, afe is just an air filter setup, like a K@N, and i dont have a whole lot of aftermarket stuff, and it hasnt been on my truck that long, and it had a bad miss even before the aftermarket stuff

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no, afe is just an air filter setup, like a K@N, and i dont have a whole lot of aftermarket stuff, and it hasnt been on my truck that long, and it had a bad miss even before the aftermarket stuff

im at a point of confusion though, if its a bad miss wouldnt they fix it? :confused: is your mpg suffering at all? at revs is the truck seeing a loss of power?

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Have you tried peeing on them? That's what I do whenever I don't give a damn about something and want to show ultimate disrespect.

Sounds like bird dog psycology....
...kant eat it...f*$k it...kant f*$k it...**** on it :D

scheid6996.....
This is 2 seperate threads where you are seeking info to commit fraud...any Ford lawyer worth his rolex knows about diesel websites..;Really ......

scheid6996

scheid6996
Reaction score
no, im trying to find out how to speed things up, if you dont agree with me, do talk

geonc said:
This is 2 seperate threads where you are seeking info to commit fraud...any Ford lawyer worth his rolex knows about diesel websites..;Really ......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online