How strong is a LUK clutch

76ford466

Another member
Reaction score
Im working on my engine right now its not complete yet but getting there. Anyway while its all apart the cluthc brings up a question. I have the single mass flywheel thats aftermarket. I do think its a LUK has made in china on it if i remember right. Clutch is a organic regular sprung disc. Has anyone had any trouble with slipping these. I will be pulling a trailer thats probly 10,500 or so with it. The though of testing it out at the truck pull also comes to mind. I know this requies a good clutch. Could I just replace the disc with a button style one. Such as a 12" from a 460 gas application. I believe mine is 12 1/14 now. So 1/8 inch less friction on each side dont seem like it would hurt. Anyone running something better?

theguruat12

Certified Tinkerer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I run the LuK 11" with the sprung disc in my 6.9, so, different application, but I can't say anything bad about it. I debated going with a 12", but the site I bought mine from was out, and I don't really tow that much.

That being said, I've had zero slippage, at all, period with mine. Have around 15,000 on it as of now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online