how long will it last?????

Muddinkev44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For how much.... In my opinion you should be gettin a pretty decient deal for that many miles...

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 2000 F-350 Lariat LE in my signature that I'm picking up tuesday has 325,000 miles on it so I don't think it's too many. I paid $8500 for it whick is trade in value on it, Dealer retail value on this truck is still $17,000 with 325,000 miles;Sweet

Dealer says it has blowby which is causing it to start hard but it doesn't smoke and starts fine when plugged in so I have a gut feeling that it may be something else simple like the oil temperature sensor......we'll see.

Taken care of these engines can easily go beyond 500,000 miles.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yea, the basement dwellers are gonna swonk you when they find you up here:backoff

Come to the dark side.....BWahahahaha:eek:

SKimballC

Reaction score
My dad's buddy has an '02 F350 that just turned the 400K mark, and he has been towing with it damn near every one of those miles as thats how he makes his money. He has put one set of injectors in it and had some fiasco with one sensor that shut him down which was bad mainly because of the ******* dealership screwing up everything possible, but he says the trucks never given him any trouble. Loves the damn thing.

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
my 96 has 250k on it, did have to put injectors and gps in it along with a bunch of chassis parts, but truck runs great.
buddys tow truck has 300k on it, runs great.
alot has to do with maintenance, if its abused, it will be junk, but maintained well, it will be good, about the only wear part in engine is the injectors, and maybe a low pressure oil pump

Quite frankly Ive had 3 psd's and they all have given me less trouble than my 4 IDI's i have or had.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online