How fast can an IDI Owner run the 100 Yard Dash,......?

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As Paul Harvey would say " And that's the rest of the story" Just what did the kids have to say and Karen?

AAAAWW just be quiet, I had the EMERGENCY brakes on.:dunno:dunno:rotflmao:rotflmao

Should be a good campfire story at Hopkins.

Last edited:

FordGuy100

Reaction score
As Paul Harvey would say " And that's the rest of the story" Just what did the kids have to say and Karen?

AAAAWW just be quiet, I had the EMERGENCY brakes on.:dunno:dunno:rotflmao:rotflmao

Should be a good campfire story at Hopkins.

The Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssst of the story. Man I miss ole Paul Harvey. "Good morning Americans....ittttttsss Friday" was something I looked forward to all week.

I'm sorry about the truck. I've had mine idle down a slight slope, but I was able to run to it, jump in the cab and hit the brake.

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
You guys have no mercy!!! :hail:yell: :D
When I was building my 1st home in MA -I was pulling stumps with a hand start john Deere B (1939 vintage) with almost no brakes. I pulled one by hooking the chain high in the tree for leverage & was facing a steep 20ft hill ( I mean steep enough to make rolling over a real concern) off full of brush leading to our pond. The chain broke :dunno :puke: :oops: :cry:.
Sometimes you just have to go for the ride!!
The family was laughing thier arsses off while I was drying off. Need I say more.

Last edited:

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So Ron, did she simply rolled to where you found her, or she slipped into reverse? The parking brake in this particular body style is of the good design, where you can manually adjust the tension on the cables - mine will hold my truck while in gear all the way to 1500 rpms or so, don't think I can ask for anything more really. Is your adjuster on the outboard side of the driver-side frame rail near the rear spring's front hanger maxed out?

David, I got my rear cables from AutoZone, they were a brand called "Patriot" or something and as per the label on the bag they came with they're made here in the US. I see tho that now they only carry the Brakeware brand...

Worstenemy453

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It couldve been worse in so many ways. The truck couldve kept going, one of the kids could have been waiting in the truck. You are very lucky, it sucks but it always can be worse.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Well they all laughed but I wasn't. Even though its a material item, I've got alot of time in restoring the truck.
Frustratingly enough, the cables were replaced in June from front to back but needs new brake shoes this winter. Not sure what to do because the adjuster is as far in as it can go. :(
She just kinda rolled back on her own. Ive got a few more pics but gotta send em to Darrin to upload since the phone wont allow it.

So, I'm in need of a new chrome 12" drop step bumper as the rest can be repaired.

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ouch- man that sucks!

When I was a senior in high school and got my first car, it was a manual and was the first I'd ever driven. So the first few times I parked it at our house I left it in neutral and set the parking brake.

Well, I'd only been driving it for maybe 2 weeks when I did this, went in the house and went upstairs, and came back down to find the car halfway over the hill resting against a tree that had been about 10 feet in front of it!

Thank God that tree was there, otherwise I'm not sure where my car would have ended up, as past there the hill got steeper and ended in a big line of large trees on the edge of a VERY steep embankment.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Ron... I got a free rear bumper for you but its blue....:eek::rotflmao:D Sorry... I just had too..... Glad nobody got hurt.... It is kinda funny looking back I guess. Now if some blood was spilled or a bone broken then I would say gees... But like you said... Its just material things... Good lesson learned... I for one have never trusted the ford parking brakes nor the park in the trans....

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
post a pic of ur bumper. i have a drop rear bumper off my parts truck still laying here. it is heavy, but u can have it. i want it gone. lol probly be a pain to ship though.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Ron I'm sorry to read this news, most here know what if feels when something You put so much work onto gets damaged. The bright side is it didn't make it to the cliff.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Frustratingly enough, the cables were replaced in June from front to back but needs new brake shoes this winter. Not sure what to do because the adjuster is as far in as it can go. :(
You have that intermediate cable in there, don't ya? Black Dawg's suggestion is definitely one way to go about it, another would be to pull a cable's end a bit more out of the adjuster and tie it back using U-bolt clamps (I've done the second, it does work pretty decent).

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this Ron, at least we don't have a vid. of you holding on to the front bumper sliding through the yard trying to stop it. You can fix it.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you holding on to the front bumper sliding through the yard trying to stop it
Hey now, I've done that, had a truck with the rear up in the air to grease the driveshaft U-joints, totally forgot to put the thing in gear and set the parking brake cookoo - the moment the wheels touched the ground she starter rolling, believe I left half the soles of my boots on the gravel while holding onto that tailgate, did stop the darn thing tho :eek:

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Well, I have two comments......

Ron, that SUCKS and I am sorry to hear that. I had my truck do that once or twice last winter. The E-brake cables were seized up and I had to rely on the parking pin to hold the truck.....then the shift mechanism in the comumn broke and one day she got up and went for a ride without me. Nothing hurt, just went about 3 feet and stopped up against the curb. But I fixed the mechanism and all the cables....Now you can't drag it anywheres with the parking brake engaged.

Second comment is.....how fast DID you do the 100 meter dash? lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US