How fast can an IDI Owner run the 100 Yard Dash,......?

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
NOT GOOD!! I can see the passenger headlight barely thru the weeds.:rotflmao I just hope no one got hurt and the blue truck didnt get damaged:mad:

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
hahaha, reminds me of the day mine rolled down the driveway. took out 2 mailboxes and hid in the woods across the street from my house.

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like the truck wasn't lined up with the steepest slope. Could have been worse.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Not sure when Ron will be able to post up, but here is another pic:

Nobody got hurt but Goldie,...

Attachments

• Goldie in the woods 2.jpg
    Goldie in the woods 2.jpg
    666.5 KB · Views: 130

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
o no, i feel the pain. i just got my truck back from the body shop last week. wifey left it in neutral and it decided to leave sometime in the night. my truck slammed a tree pretty well. even though it was "fixed" the body seems tweeked.-cuss

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Well to solve the mystery, here's my story.

I had one week of vacation left to use and was on my first day off and the kids wanted me to take them to school. It was chilly out and I went out to start up Goldie, set the parking brake on flat ground and went back in the house to finish getting the kids ready to go.

Helping Sydney get her shoes on I all of a sudded realized that it got quiet outside. I looked out and didn't see Goldie.:eek:

I ran out the door and looking around I see her disappear over the hill. Before I could get off the deck, she was gone from sight!!!

I take flight off the deck and get to the truck which is now burried alive in my neighbors woodline still running with the parking brake still engaged. After getting the vines unwrapped from the mirrors, I try to get the truck out but the left front tire is firmly planted in a hole where a two foot rootball of tree roots once live.

So I shut the truck down and we take Karen's truck to drop the kids off since they needed to get to school.
After Karen's attempts to lift my spirits by taking out for breakfast we get back to the truck.

Having only Karen to help and she never driving a manual transmission truck, I set her in Mater locked in 4 low and chains attached I tell her to go. She did well and Goldie is now back unstuck looking very battered.

Surveying the damage over on my neighbors property, I find that the tree that was uprooted saved her from dropping of a 60 foot deep cliff that would have flipped her on her top!!!:eek:

So I get her back up to the house and look her over.
The rear bumper took the majority of the abuse ans is pretty much scrap metal. The exhaust got tweaked pretty good along with some wiring and the drivers side step bar is bent some.
She'll survive but gotta find a way to get the parking brake tighter.

Since the incident I've now installed railroad ties as truck stops to prevent another rollaway since Goldie has now cleared the path to the ravine.

Last edited:

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
so you got any pics of the carnage, if you show me yours i will show you mine......:D pics of the TRUCK only

gandalf

Reaction score
Is that Kudzu Weed growing all around the truck?

I'm sorry to hear that the truck decided to go for a drive by itself, and re-arrange some body parts. Good thing it didn't go off the edge of the cliff. These trucks aren't designed to fly.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is your problem but I've found the parking brake cables are junk these days. I've replaced them several times on the ranger and the plastic coating on the cable itself still bunches up inside the casing. This increases friction in the works so much that it significantly weakens the E brake. Its so bad that even though the cables in my own truck are in poor condition, I don't want to replace them since I know the new ones will be even worse.

Local stores including the ford dealer seem to only carry "Roberts" brand. Anyone else notice this?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online