How bad did I just screw up?

Morgonzo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I got sucked into buying some Bestline engine treatment a couple of nights ago. I added it to the crankcase in the truck, and now upon further research I am wondering if I didn't just screw up and make it worse. It was fresh Delo 400 that I added it too, and i'm questioning wether to drain it all and start fresh or if it'll be okay until my next oil change. I'm reading about it producing hydrochloric acid in the engine..as a result of it being heated?. I understand that falling for the marketing was a moment of weakness.cookoo I just want to avoid any serious damage.

Opinions? Insults? What'cha got?

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if that's the way you feel, do an oil change.
a buncha delo, and a filter is all it caused you.
if youre that worried, you can also drain the cooler.

Morgonzo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I know I won't be able to relax until i change it again. I guess I'm gonna send back the other two bottles (one for the 4D56 Turbo Diesel in the Mitsu van and one for the Camry.) I'm just trying to find out if it's a "you did what?! get it out now!" kinda situation. Late-night non-sober online buying...get's me everytime.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Simply put, most snake oil additives don't work. And you sure as hell don't want to mess with those Asian engines. They like plain oil.

Morgonzo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had been looking at the Liquid-Moly stuff and I thought this was along the same lines. I want that Mitsu to last, truck too. Russ btw would you do rebuilds on the injectors for the 4D56? I was curious, if that issue arises, that you'd be a source for a rebuild. Thanks for the input.

Morgonzo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New Fl1995 filter and fresh Delo. If I didn't do it i'd be hearing all sorts of weird idle's and vibrations...piece of mind is worth the cost of oil and a filter.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online