Hot coffee Cupholders

jim x 3

1988 F-350 DRW
Reaction score
custom cup holders in the space above the radio and heater controls...BEST MOD EVER!!!

This is a mod I could really use. My F-350 bounces so much that my morning coffee splashes all over the dash, floor, even the seats. Could you please provide some photos and design/construction info.

Regards,

jim x 3

1988 F-350 DRW
Reaction score
Yeah - I've got a couple of those. They work if you keep 'em closed and have a place to put them. So where do you put yours?

Regards,

smolkin

Stuck inside Mobile
Reaction score
I have an auto so I just screwed a store-bought cupholder to the tranny tunnel. I don't know if a man trans has enough clearance for this though. Maybe you can make some kind of bracket that attaches under the dash?

F350farmboy

The Hornet
Reaction score
I built a fiberglass/metal base for said store bought cupholder and places it on the dash above the radio/hvac controls. It works great! Its not too high and I can grab my drink and put it back without even looking off the road! I have had disposable plastic cups in there before and once its 1/2 full (or 1/2 empty if you like that better LOL) it must take a really hard jolt to spill anything.

I'll try to get pics later if anyone wants to see it.

gatorman21218

Reaction score
Jim i see you have a work truck, and as with mine all work trucks need work truck cup holders. It works real well for me. It'll hold a large coke from Hardees and a large coffee from the exxon station as well. I present to you the duct tape cup holder.:cool

Attachments

• duct-tape-cup.JPG
    duct-tape-cup.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 192

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I did the duct tape holder mod for a little bit.

My truck has zero cupholders. I always drove holding my cup. Got kinda tricky turning and shifting but I got it done ;Sweet

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
i swapped in a 95 F-150 bench seat from a RC into my 88 F-350 RC (direct swap) and used the factory single cup holder/junk tray. it works, but for taller coffee cups it gets a little sketchy. the cup holder slides onto the front of the seat and works pretty well.

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
I bought one of the stainless steel coffee mugs with the screw in lid and rubber seal (goes inside the top of the cup), cost me $10 a few years ago in the wally world sporting goods department, and it doesn't leak a drop when it's laying on its side on the seat next to me

can't remember the brand (brain fart) but it's the cheap black and yellow lifetime warranty hand tools............

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I bought one of the stainless steel coffee mugs with the screw in lid and rubber seal (goes inside the top of the cup), cost me $10 a few years ago in the wally world sporting goods department, and it doesn't leak a drop when it's laying on its side on the seat next to me

can't remember the brand (brain fart) but it's the cheap black and yellow lifetime warranty hand tools............

Stanley maybe?

jim x 3

1988 F-350 DRW
Reaction score
Jim i see you have a work truck, and as with mine all work trucks need work truck cup holders. It works real well for me. It'll hold a large coke from Hardees and a large coffee from the exxon station as well. I present to you the duct tape cup holder.:cool

JB, Yeah I've actually used your cupholder. If the edge of the tape roll is tacky, it sticks the holder in place and works even better.

My truck has zero cupholders. I always drove holding my cup. Got kinda tricky turning and shifting but I got it done

FG, I do this a lot. If I'm holding the cup it rides up and down with me. But kinda tough to signal, shift, turn, and drink coffee at the same time. At least I'm not on the cell phone.

JW, One of my "SS coffee mugs" was a gift from one of my kids. I think he bought it at the dollar store. It leaks like a sieve, but I feel obligated to use it.

All, I also have one of those plastic "clip-on" holders. Those things are flexible, so they work like they have a built in spring. When the truck is bouncing on the freeway, the periodic motion stores energy in the springy cupholder until it practically launches the entire cup and coffee across the cab!

Regards,

Shaguardriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gatorman, I love the honda floor mat :rotflmao

My wife was freaking out about the no cup holders in my new to me rig. She bought one of those seat organizers with all the crazy pockets. Works great and sits on the front bench. I can take a picture if you are interested.;Sweet

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828