hood scoop.

robmoore11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was thinking of running the induction tube into a hood scoop for some good ol ram air. what do you guys think about that?

robmoore11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the idea i had was have the hood scoop with a tube coming out under the hood and make either a metal or fiberglass tube running up and over the motor but make it so the tube coming off of the hood scoop is smaller than the induction tube so it just slides right in. maybe 1/2 inch smaller.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Yes a good functional hood scoop will make a difference. I had the Banks Turbo Box on my truck, cut out the center of the box, cut a hole in the hood, and installed the hood scoop. It had a Rubber Seal off a Semi Hood to cowl seal that would drop down around from the hole in the hood to the top of the banks box hole. Once I the hood scoop was installed I was able to turn up the propane to about 2 PSI, and add a little more fuel.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats what im gonna do, maybe even this week, pics.y/n??

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pics for sure.. Have one I keep thinking I want to install... either no money for hardware, or no free time to **** with it.

robmoore11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im trying to think of a easier route for time being. didnt realize hood scoops costed as much as they do.... i might make one. i seem to be pretty creative its just usually lack of money and being lazy lol.

wmoguy

Reaction score
Pics please Russ!

I'm thinking about mounting the stock air box on a fenderwell and plumbing in a cold air intake hose ine one of the holes in my front bumper. I'm thinking the sheer amount of lift required to get to the air box witting on the fender well would quelch any concern of water. No?

swuchase1

Reaction score
Here is what i did. It was to cool the air cleaner box and move air under hood after ATS turbo was installed run much cooler

Attachments

• IMG00267.jpg
    IMG00267.jpg
    605.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG00268.jpg
    IMG00268.jpg
    534.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG00266.jpg
    IMG00266.jpg
    481.9 KB · Views: 19

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Here is a little tidbit of info. A ram air hood will do NOTHING till approx 40mph and then the gains are minimal at best, like 5hp. Its main funciton is looks. And some of those sure dont look to good

Last edited:

swuchase1

Reaction score
Here is a little tidbit of info. A ram air hood will do NOTHING till approx 40mph and then the gains are minimal at best, like 5hp. Its main funciton is looks. And some of those sure dont look to good

mine work for what i wanted it to....