homemade banks y-pipe

rancherman84

P.E.R.F.E.C.T!
Reaction score
i tried the search but came up with nothing,didnt one of our fellow basement dwellers make his/her own a few months back?
also remember guntherx had thought about using flex pipe,anybody heard from him latley?

Guntherx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still here

I'm still around. I just don't get the opportunity to read as much these days. I have not done anything about the Y-pipe primarily because I can'
t bring myself to give Banks $300. The other reason is I see mixed results from turbo installs. With the weight that I pull I have to ask myself "do you feel lucky". I guess I'm hoping a Duramax will fall into my lap. If someone could assure me that the Banks turbo would make my truck run with the new ones I might do it, but until then :rolleyes:

rancherman84

P.E.R.F.E.C.T!
Reaction score
WHAT???!!! :eek: DURAMAX -Flame Thr did something fall on your head instead of in your lap? :backoff :draw i hate chevys,but to each is his own i guess :rolleyes: :D

gruss,thanks for link,the y-pipe i have is something that the PO of the 88 i bought with the turbo on it had hacked together.
also the 88 has a ZF5 in it,so the y-pipes are different anyway.really sucks cause all i need is that dam y-pipe and i would be all set for some boost.
those pics will help if i decide to build my own ;Sweet

Last edited:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping a Duramax will fall into my lap

Not a quote from the book "How to influence your friends and become more popular" LOL

rancherman84

P.E.R.F.E.C.T!
Reaction score
Double-S-Diesel said:
I can assure you that even with the turbo your truck will not run with the new ones
i know that :backoff :D ,i want better milage and little more power,if i wanted a new one i would go buy one,wait no i wouldnt,mine runs great and its paid for :D
also i dont need a degree in rocket science to repair my diesel. :D ;Sweet

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
all mine except for the dodge are paid for, and is dads so he has the payment book
as far as needing a degree, to fix, its not needed , although I have one.
most problems are simple stuff.

rancherman84

P.E.R.F.E.C.T!
Reaction score
Double-S-Diesel said:
all mine except for the dodge are paid for, and is dads so he has the payment book
as far as needing a degree, to fix, its not needed , although I have one.
most problems are simple stuff.
i didnt mean anything bad by my previous statement,its just it gets me upset when everyone assumes when somebody says turbo they think you want run with a cummins 610 or powerstroke.(i really just want the whistle :D)
i love my truck and the IDI thats in it,it's simple to work on,reliable and doesnt cost me hundreds of dollars when an error code comes up.
the ag stuff is getting to be so dam complicated,just like everthing else.guess i should have taken a computer course to work on this stuff,give me a 1960's - 1980's tractor anyday compared to this new electronis crap.

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
It just tick me off when some one says about paying on a PSD, the reality it the PSD Is over 10 years old now, lots of used ones on the market. hell some are selling for less than IDIs.
as far as the new technology, take a look at the cars, who out there is not buying a newer car because of electronics.????
is your car a early 80's??

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Double-S-Diesel said:
who out there is not buying a newer car because of electronics.????

Me and Nope

Attachments

• IMG_0171.JPG
    IMG_0171.JPG
    129.8 KB · Views: 7

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Double-S-Diesel said:
Yes, actually :D

Seriously, I'm getting to not be as frightened of electronic engines as I used to be...I wouldn't want one for myself without more $$ than I currently have available, but once $$ is more plentiful, I'm not as dead-set against an electronic engine as I used to be. But, it still needs to burn oil!! (unless it's a Hemi :thumbsup: ) I still take the phrase "IDI 'til I die" seriously, though...I just hope that circumstances over the next few years don't force me to lose my truck somehow :(

braveops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone made a homemade y-pipe for a n/a like the banks stinger? got any pics? what size pipe did ya use and how far up to the clamps did you go?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin