Hmm, Aluminum Rad

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I would love to try one. I put an aluminum one in a small block/S10 conversion. The 388 CI small block made 482 HP on a dyno and then received a 500 HP pro-shot fogger kit (detuned/pilled back to about 250) and it kept it very cool. It was actually a single row (made by Be-Cool) but the rows were about 1 1/4 inches wide and had turbulators in them. Anyway, I bet it would work very well.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks nice.
check the inlet and outlet dia's on your radiator first. His dimensions are a little on the small side.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
Looks nice.
check the inlet and outlet dia's on your radiator first. His dimensions are a little on the small side.

I asked and here is what he said???

No need to worry, this radiator is very large and will have no problem cooling your engine. Many of the big block radiators we sell have 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 outlets and cool engines with up to 6-800 HP. I am confident you will love it and if it doesn't perform you can return it. I hope this information will ease your mind. Thanks
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

IDIJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just went out and checked my old stock radiator and it measures exactly the same. 1 3/4" inlet and 2" outlet. My core is 30 3/4" wide and 23 5/8" tall, so everything looks the same.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Gee wonder what that is like compared to RDSL's rad hmmmm.....

That thing looks like it's made from some pretty flimsy stock compared to the one I got. I imagine it would work ok, but for how long :dunno

The one I got is made from nice thick stuff so the tanks don't need to be dimpled to hold their shape, ( that was a huge concern for me when looking for an aluminum radiator was having a top tank that wouldn't fold in if my big carcass had to lean on it to get to something on the engine. I'm not concerned at all with the one I got, I'd be hesitant to put any weight on that ebay one) , and the in and outlet tubes are nice heavy walled stuff. Definitely a difference in materials and workmanship.

-----Robert

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That thing looks like it's made from some pretty flimsy stock compared to the one I got. I imagine it would work ok, but for how long :dunno
-----Robert

Ya looks can be deceiving, as such I have been in contact with Jerry, at Rodney Red about a rad for me and my application.

Funny thing....he mentioned the same thing about that rad on ebay as I sent a link to him and was concerned with the potential of thin wall aluminum being used.

Hard to say. I just feel that Robert, has come upon the ideal rad that got him home in very seriously precarious position. As such it's the rad for me I think.