Hit A Snag! Need A Wire Color Quick!

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Fuel pump priming circuit works great, but apparently the Red with Green tracer wire I tapped on the driver's inner fender for switched ignition power (for the fuel pump safety switch via oil pressure switch). I can't seem to find a wire under the hood that's only hot with the key on, other than the at the wiper motor plug and that's seeing led than 12V with the key on.

I have the safety switch wired like this to trigger the fuel pump relay. Everything is right other than the ignition switched 12V power.

http://www.how-to-build-hotrods.com/electric-fuel-pump.html

MOWOG

Gearhead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wired mine off the glow plug controler as I recall. One of the lugs has key on power.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
I thought about that, but does it stay on all the time with the key on?

I thought it was only on while the GP's were heating. Maybe my brain farts are the culprit here...

MOWOG

Gearhead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It worked fine for me, but you could test it out to confirm there is power after the glow plugs have cycled. I don't remember which one it was... sorry. I think that's where the injection pump solenoid gets key on power. It's been a while...

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Riotwarrior just called and I had a face palm moment. The oil pressure sender that triggers my pump relay is almost touching the wrote for the FSS :rolleyes:

Tearing back into now. Thanks Al!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zemmeron