Highest mileage IDI

Portuga

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My old 93 non turbo had 405k miles, motor never touched. it did have the zf5 changed because somebody towed it on a tow bar with the driveshaft connected.

My current 94 has 174k miles, still a baby.

Keeway

ALL MOTOR!
Reaction score
im alittle bit behind all you guys. i bought mine from the original owner who was a john deere dealer. its only got 40,000 on er :)

BrianC

Reaction score
im alittle bit behind all you guys. i bought mine from the original owner who was a john deere dealer. its only got 40,000 on er :)

I am like you. My '91 has 85,000 km ( 53000 miles). I replaced the DMF 5 years ago for LUK clutch, new starter 3 yrs ago, new vacuum pump, an odd glow plug or two, regular coolant changes with JD Cool Gard premixed, new hoses and belts but the engine has never been touched. I guess I have long way to go eh!

Brian

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My white one has 119, the black one about 250. Silver, thought you were giving me your bumper????

Keeway

ALL MOTOR!
Reaction score
yeah mine really hasnt needed anything other than minor stuff from sitting and not being run. but i went ahead and put new glow plugs and manual controller so i dont gotta worry about cold starts anymore.

cardana24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I only have about 170k miles on mine, but what I am wondering from the guys with high miles....are your pumps turned up? Are you running more boost than stock?

CaptTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sheesherz!

This truck may live longer than me! I bought my '90 with 76k on it, I've already put 10 more under her belly, but she's been parked since fuel went up, except for a dismantling job we did a few weeks ago. I don't need a truck every day.

Someone asked about other diesels. I have a '87 Mercedes 300D the big sixer! Has an exhaust leak in it since day one under my care.... or lack of. Bought it as a throw away, odo reads almost 300k, but it broke within the week of me owning it. I think the used car lot jury rigged it to work..... who the heck knows how many miles are really on this thing. It's my daily driver, 80 miles/day minimum and I drive it all 7 days a week. I've had it for two years now....that's about 55k under my watch. Only thing I've done is, I rebuilt the injectors and changed the oil regular, run some nasty azzed waste fuel through it and she won't quit!! The body is falling off the engine, but no rust! Go figure! You can hear the steering 3 miles away, kids are embarrassed when I drop em off to kewl land known as skewl.... yet I love this rotten little beast. Best brakes on any car I've ever driven.

blown84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, i guess two guys got me beat for low mileage. my 84 had 94k original miles when i bought it last july from my dad, who bought it from his friend, the original owner. it now has 102k, and other than the starter goin out (thanks to my retarded roommate) and some leaky fuel return lines, she runs like a top.