Here is an interesting truck,..

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
I posted this in the wrong post, so I added it here:

I went to Iowa yesterday and got it picked up. The truck looks a little better than I expected so that is good. It started right up and drove on the trailer. I really didn't hear a "nock" from the motor but it didn't get warm yet either. I will let it run today for a while to day and see what it sounds like.

There is so much stuff on this thing, Big oil coolers, a pre and post luber, (I never heard of a post luber before) triple oil filter's, the turbo is a NEW Banks, ( might go on my tuck). Basicily it was exactly as advertised so I am happy!

The thing is a BIG TRUCK! Here are a couple of pics taked in Iowa after loading it up.

Attachments

• SV500053.JPG
    SV500053.JPG
    191.6 KB · Views: 21
  • SV500054.JPG
    SV500054.JPG
    176.2 KB · Views: 34

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
I posted this in the wrong post, so I added it here:

I went to Iowa yesterday and got it picked up. The truck looks a little better than I expected so that is good. It started right up and drove on the trailer. I really didn't hear a "nock" from the motor but it didn't get warm yet either. I will let it run today for a while to day and see what it sounds like.

There is so much stuff on this thing, Big oil coolers, a pre and post luber, (I never heard of a post luber before) triple oil filter's, the turbo is a NEW Banks, ( might go on my tuck). Basicily it was exactly as advertised so I am happy!

The thing is a BIG TRUCK! Here are a couple of pics taked in Iowa after loading it up.

A post luber???????????
Pics please?????????????:D

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two dumb questions...
What the heck is a luber?
Is that a PowerStroke hauling that truck? The badge looks like a PowerStroke? ;Really

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
A post luber???????????
Pics please?????????????:D

Yep, pre luber and post luber, When you turn on the key there is an electric motor that pumps oil through the motor before you fire it up, then when you shut it off, it runs for another minute to pump oil keep pumping oil while the turbo cools down. that way the oil doesn't stay in the turbo boiling out if it is too hot at shut down.

I will investigate it more early this week and get some pics, right now it is still on the trialer waiting for Ken to come and take a look at to see what it needs. I personaly think there is no problem with the motor;Really

Two dumb questions...
What the heck is a luber?
Is that a PowerStroke hauling that truck? The badge looks like a PowerStroke?

Yup, It is a PSD, I took it on trade on a 97 F350 CC Gassar last week, it ran real nice, has all of the Banks upgrades, and rear air bag suspension, so it was a great truck to make the trip with.

Someday my truck will be ready for trips like this!

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Youre not gonna believe this,.....

The truck is supposed to have a knock in the motor and it was on the number 8 cylnder, When I picked it up and drove it on the trailer, I didn't notice any knocks. I got it home started it up, let it get warm, and still didn't hear any knocks. I wanted to get it out to Ken's and let him take a look at it. He was planning on getting the truck to fix the knock. It was still on the trailer so I towed it out to him today, There is NO knock, the motor is FINE!;Sweet

What he suspects is that there was some air in the line or the number 8 injector was not popping correctley making it sound like there was a knock in the motor.

So he is keeping the truck for a couple of days to correct the timing, and advance the pump since we suspect it is not turned up for the Banks turbo.

I feel a sorry for the gentleman that I bought it from because the Ford dealer did him a huge dis-service with the mis-diagnosis, but sometimes that is life. I have to hit a home run once in a while, it is what keeps me in buisness!

Once I get it back from Kens next week I will get it cleaned up and go get it ready to sell, probablly wont be untill the end of next week as we are planning our Colorodo trip Tuesday through Thursday to pick up another truck.

That is the latest! Makes for a great Thanksgiving!

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
Congrats!:thumbsup:

Bought a 73 f100 that supposedly had bad rings. It was modulator valve on trans. Cheap and easy fix!