Helps, I have goofed up. Electrical advice

Rossroams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I’ve got the knowledge of electrics on par with a 5 year old. Yesterday I wired the Facet Fuel pump to a toggle switch on the dash and as I was running out of time I wired it to the battery direct and grounded it on the mounting plate. It runs to the engine block so idk. Today I was about to start it to wire an in-line fuse in from the battery to the toggle and when I went to start it the entire thing cut off. No toggle, no ignition wait to start light, no headlights, no crank, no nothing. I checked the fuse panel and all of my fuses lit up. I’m stuck right now, can an alternator blow? What would shut down everything??

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude! You dun burned up the flumox compacitater!

Side question... Is that blue hose air compressor hose?

Rossroams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude! You dun burned up the flumox compacitater!

Side question... Is that blue hose air compressor hose?
Haha no, it’s fuel line from the Facet pump to the filter. So also the starter terminal on the fender well by the battery won’t turn the engine over. Any suggestions?

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems nothing electrical is working. I'd be looking for a main fusible link. But then, I don't know if these trucks have them or not.

Rossroams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The battery voltage yesterday doesn't matter. The battery voltage today does.

Do you have a Volt Ohm Meter (VOM)? If not, you should probably get one. They're inexpensive, and you will find it very valuable working on your old truck.
Alright I’ll pick one up! Currently though there is a clear connection problem as nothing lights up at all. Thank you!

YJMike92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the headlights working or is it just what is controlled by the ignition switch? If the headlights don't come on it may just a bad connection at the batteries. If it is only what is run by the ignition switch then a schematic and that volt-ohm meter will be handy.