Help!!

dslbroncotom

Diesel Bronco Tom
Reaction score
My buddy just called me, hese stuck in a parking lot up in Iowa in -6 degree weather, he said the truck ran for a few miles then shut off on him. He thinks the fuel has gelled. Im a florida ******* and have never even seen snow in person so I have no Idea what his options are. Does anybody know anything he can do to get it going again?

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Power Service "911" in the red bottle. Get the truck somewhere to plug in the block heater and a few space heaters along the route of the fuel lines. Plus, a double dose of antigel like Power Service in the White bottle.

Tell him not to kill the batteries or he's even more screwed.

On edit, he'll need to pull the filter and put some of the "911" in there as well. It'd be best if he coudl just replace it, but that might not be an option either.

Heath

tractorman86

Reaction score
There is a lot of people that like HEET. If there's nowhere to get supplies like that I have heard rubbing alcohol can work. Last resort he can build a series of SMALL well placed fires under it for an hour or so

idi traveler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a lot of people that like HEET. If there's nowhere to get supplies like that I have heard rubbing alcohol can work. Last resort he can build a series of SMALL well placed fires under it for an hour or so

I have seen fires built under the fuel tanks and along the fuel route in colder parts of Asia. This is not for the weak hearted or the inexperiened. Trucks would park about 15 feet apart so there was room for this activity. To really do it well you need to have a Mongolian look to you!

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He can also add 1 gallon of gasoline to 15 gallons of diesel. BUT the gas should be put in before the diesel so it mixes when fueling, that will keep it from gelling. Mercedes diesel's recommended that in there cars in the winter. Correct me if I'm wrong guys. Once it's gelled it's a *****.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
mercedes does recommend blending with rug for their older diesels, not sure on the new stuff. diesel 911 is best. Not that i know from experience living in Fla.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have seen fires built under the fuel tanks and along the fuel route in colder parts of Asia. This is not for the weak hearted or the inexperiened. Trucks would park about 15 feet apart so there was room for this activity. To really do it well you need to have a Mongolian look to you!
check out these guys......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUxmflYixIo
:eek: