HELP!!!! Turbo housings ruined?

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Guys I had my turbo housings ceramic coated to reduce heat outside, and increase performance. Well I made it clear to the guys that I wanted the housings masked off inside where the turbines butt up against. BUT GUESS WHAT, they didnt! So now the housings are COMPLETELY ceramic coated, even on the faces of the housings where there's thousandths of an inch clearance.
So now Im stuck with having to figure out how to clean the stuff off of those surfaces. I could use a wire wheel brush on a die grinder and give that a shot, and I have the ability to sand blast too, but Im afraid of ruining the housings or the coating.
WHAT CAN I DO?????

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I need ideas right away guys or Im going to have to call these guys and let them know their screw up. I didnt notice it until I got home. Can I safely remove the coating with an abrasive or not? I dont want to damage the housings.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
They put it on.... They can and will have to take it off... They make the mistake... Not you. Do you have this in writing on some type of agreement?

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Hey guys, I talked to Russ about it quite a bit last night. He told me to take it back to them as well, until I explained the place was an hour and a half drive from me. Then he explained if I took emery cloth and gently sanded just until I got thought the ceramic I'd be okay. So thats what I did.
I called them today and I never got to talk with anyone about it but I left several messages, and Im going to make them credit me for the mistake, and my time repairing it. Because I will be bringing some headers and manifolds from my camaros and my brothers mustang out there sometime.

Check out my new thread of the finished product!
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22818

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks to me like they coated the studs too. Good luck getting the nuts on I guess. cookoo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online